For many college football fans, National Signing Day seems like Christmas in February. This year, UTSports.com went all out to provide Vol fans with up-to-the-second information about Tennessee's signing class with a FaxCam, constant updates via Twitter, complete signee bios, video highlights and much, much more.
Tennessee fans, the best in the country, ate it all up. Below is a statistical recap of 2012 National Signing Day at Tennessee.
- 252,312 total page impressions on the UTSports.com Signing Day Central. That ranked fifth in the CBS Sports Interactive Network. Here are the top 5: 1. Alabama (394,139), 2. Michigan (290,143), 3. Notre Dame (271,590), 4. Oklahoma (266,231), 5. Tennessee (252,312).
- 99,451 total views on all of the videos (live and highlights) provided on UTSports.com
- 53,070 views of the "FaxCam" live video stream
- 24,469 combined views of the individual signee highlight videos
- 15,774 views of the list of signees alone
- The top three most-viewed player bios were junior college wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson, junior college defensive tackle Daniel McCullers and high school running back Davante Borque
- With 5,263 views, Bourque's highlight video led the way
- 9,376 fans tuned in live to UTSports.com to watch Coach Dooley's signing day press conference
- 112 total Twitter updates through the official Tennessee football Twitter account, @Vol_Football, which currently sports over 26,000 followers
- Those tweets were retweeted over 600 times by Vol fans
The top two retweeted posts are below:
On the day after National Signing Day, Vol fans were asked about their favorite part of UTSports.com's coverage. Here are a few of their comments: