In a packed team meeting room inside of Denver's training facility, Peyton Manning stood next to John Elway and team owner Pat Bowlen and held up brand new orange No. 18 Broncos jersey, officially kicking off his introduction as the next quarterback of the Denver Broncos.
" ... I'm thrilled to be here. I'm looking forward to meeting my new teammates, and doing whatever I can to help this franchise win another Super Bowl."
Here are some national media stories:
- ESPN.com: Broncos welcome Manning
- ESPN.com: Doesn't happen without Elway
- NFL.com: What to expect from Manning in 2012
- CBS Sports.com: Passing the torch
- Denver Post: Peyton Manning introduced
- Denver Post: Peyton Manning will wear No. 18 with Broncos
- Denver Post: Peyton Manning's deal with Broncos: 5 years, $96 million