Former Tennessee basketball star Jarnell Stokes worked out for his hometown Memphis Grizzlies on Monday as he continues to prepare for the NBA Draft.
Stokes spoke about how playing for the Grizzlies would be a dream come true. "I grew up watching them. I was a season-ticket holder in the nose bleed just three years ago," Stokes, the former Tennessee forward, said following a pre-draft workout with the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday. "It's surreal right now being able to work out for them."
Here's a look at media coverage:
- Fox Sports Tennessee: Stokes hoping to land with hometown Grizzlies
- Local 8: Stokes works out for Grizzlies
- Memphis Commercial Appeal: Recent car wreck doesn't derail Memphian Jarnell Stokes' NBA draft hopes
- Memphis Commercial Appeal: Jarnell Stokes Video
- The Tennessean: Ex-Vol Jarnell Stokes works out for Grizzlies