Recently in Men's basketball Category
Tennessee head coach Donnie Tyndall and several members of the Vols spoke with the media on Wednesday. Check out the stories that followed:
- UTSports.com: Vol Hoops Media Session (6-18-14)
- Associated Press: Tyndall has no time to rest this summer
- Chattanooga Times Free Press: Willie Carmichael growing into role at UT
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Donnie Tyndall getting feel for Vols, but still seeking another one
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Donnie Tyndall's Vols defend their Rocky Top League defense
- Sports Central: The Most Interesting Year One Coaches
- UT Daily Beacon: Rawane "Pops" Ndiaje out for season
A busy day for birthdays in the Tennessee Athletics family on June 14.
Celebrating today is the women's basketball legend Pat Summitt.
Men's basketball head coach Donnie Tyndall and women's volleyball head coach Rob Patrick are also celebrating their birthday today.
We also send happy birthday wishes to rising junior thrower Cassie Wertman, rising sophomore tennis player Sean Karl and rising senior tennis player Andrew Dromsky.
Also celebrating is former Vols football lineman Anthony Herrera, who played for the Minnesota Vikings from 2004-11.
Get the latest on the men's basketball right here in the Tennessee Update.
- In the Knoxville News Sentinel, Mike Strange has a wonderful feature on VFL Reggie Johnson, who bridged the gap between Bernard King and Dale Ellis: Reggie Johnson was quite a bridge between King and Ellis.
- Also in the Knoxville News Sentinel, check out a story on the Rocky Top League, which includes many current and former Vols: UT newcomers will have chance to make their names known in Rocky Top League.
- Also, Donnie Tyndall talked about the Rocky Top League: VIDEO
- The Maryville Daily Times had this story on the Rocky Top League: UT coach says Hubbs will miss Rocky Top League
- The Tennessean and Chattanooga Times Free Press have these stories on the Vols season-opener:
- The Daily Beacon takes a look at the Vols' summer camps: Summer basketball camps allows team to give back
Former Tennessee basketball star Jarnell Stokes worked out for his hometown Memphis Grizzlies on Monday as he continues to prepare for the NBA Draft.
Stokes spoke about how playing for the Grizzlies would be a dream come true. "I grew up watching them. I was a season-ticket holder in the nose bleed just three years ago," Stokes, the former Tennessee forward, said following a pre-draft workout with the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday. "It's surreal right now being able to work out for them."
Here's a look at media coverage:
- Fox Sports Tennessee: Stokes hoping to land with hometown Grizzlies
- Local 8: Stokes works out for Grizzlies
- Memphis Commercial Appeal: Recent car wreck doesn't derail Memphian Jarnell Stokes' NBA draft hopes
- Memphis Commercial Appeal: Jarnell Stokes Video
- The Tennessean: Ex-Vol Jarnell Stokes works out for Grizzlies
Donnie Tyndall and several members of the Vols met with the media on Tuesday to discuss the team's summer. Check it out: Vol Hoops Media Session (6-3-14).
Here's a look at media coverage from the gathering with Tennessee Basketball Camp as the backdrop
- Chattanooga Times Free Press: Donnie Tyndall's UT Vols 'basically starting back over'
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Vols hope Josh Richardson maintains March Madness edge
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Robert Hubbs optimistic about shoulder, sophomore campaign after deciding not to transfer
- Maryville Daily Times: So far, so good for Tyndall and Vols after first summer workout
Congrats to VFL C.J. Watson and his Indiana Pacers as they advanced to the NBA Eastern Conference Finals with a 93-80 win over Washington, Thursday. The Pacers will take on the Miami Heat in the Eastern Finals.
Check out this sweet move by Watson in the win as he scored four points: Watson Finishes In Traffic.
Vols head coach Donnie Tyndall continued to add to his first recruiting class at Tennessee as he welcomed Detrick Mostella on Thursday.
Here's a look at media coverage including news that Robert Hubbs will remain with Tennessee.
Check out the articles:
- Associated Press: Tennessee adds guard Mostella to recruiting class
- Associated Press: Guard Hubbs planning to remain at Tennessee
- Chattanooga Times Free Press: Vols add Mostella, keep Hubbs
- Decatur Daily: Mostella signs to play with Tennessee
- Dyersburg State Gazette: Hubbs follows his heart, decides future is bright at Tennessee
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Tennessee men's basketball team announces signing of 2014 combo guard Detrick Mostella
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Robert Hubbs: Announces he's staying at UT
- The Tennessean: Tennessee Vols make guard third signee
The Big Orange Caravan Rolled Through Nashville on Tuesday night. Get the latest from coach Donnie Tyndall as he updated the Vols in the Mid-State.
Also on Tuesday, the Vols coaching staff met with the media in Knoxville: Men's Hoops Staff Meets with Media including this session with Tyndall.
Here's the latest from the media:
- Associated Press: Tennessee offseason features plenty of uncertainty
- Best College Sports: Tennessee Volunteers Add All-American to Basketball Roster
- Chattanooga Times Free Press: UT basketball coach Donnie Tyndall understanding about releases
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Donnie Tyndall says toughness is a talent
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Vols can handle transfer culture, Donnie Tyndall says
- The Tennessean: Franklin welcomes the UT Caravan
- The Tennessean: Two Vols basketball freshmen released, third unsure
- WVLT: Tyndall's staff meets with media