On Dec. 4, we send Happy Birthday wishes to legendary Vols basketball player Bernard King, who went on to star in the NBA with the Knicks, Nets, Warriors, Bullets and Jazz. King was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Sept. 8, 2013.
Recently in Men's basketball Category
Vol Calls from the Vol Network moves to Monday night at 8 p.m. ET., at Calhoun's on the River.
Men's basketball coach Cuonzo Martin and Dean Lockwood of the women's basketball staff will be guests.
The show will also include interviews with Butch Jones, Joshua Dobbs and more.
Listen live: UTSports.com/AllAccess
Tennessee stands at 5-2 after a 2-1 record at the Battle 4 Atlantis as the Vols Rolled Past Wake Forest, 82-63 on Saturday. Jarnell Stokes posted double-doubles in all three games for the Vols.
Here's a look at coverage from the media following the trip:
- Associated Press: Tennessee rolls past Wake Forest, 82-63
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Battle 4 Atlantis evidence that Vols will go as far as Jarnell Stokes takes them
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Hot in the Bahamas: Jarnell Stokes finishes with another double-double. 82-63
- Nooga.com: Vols salvage Bahamas trip after bad start
- UT Daily Beacon: Vols start cols, finish hot in Battle 4 Atlantis
The Vols look to finish their run at the Battle 4 Atlantis with a victory against ACC foe Wake Forest, Saturday at 3:30 p.m. The game airs on AXS TV. On Friday, the Vols Rebounded With 64-49 Win Over Xavier.
Here's a look at coverage from the media:
- Associated Press: Tennessee recovers, tops Xavier 64-49 in Bahamas
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Tennessee defeats Xavier: In a bounce back win, 64-49
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Matchup: Tennessee vs. Wake Forest
- Knoxville News Sentinel: UTEP's strategy of focusing on Vols' guards could be used by other opponents
The Vols will depart for The Bahamas on Tuesday as Tennessee is preparing for the Battle 4 Atlantis. Check out the Vol Hoops Central: UTEP (Battle 4 Atlantis).
Monday was a busy day for the Vols as Jordan McRae Earned His First SEC Player of the Week.
Check out The @Vol_Hoops Report: November 25 as Cuonzo Martin and several Vols met with the media:
Here's a look at the media coverage:
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Vols surprised Jordan McRae's SEC player of the week award was his first
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Jordan McRae earns SEC player of week honors for first time
- Nooga,com: Vols' Thompson a natural born point guard
The Vols won their third game in a row last night, Tennessee Tamed the TSU Tigers, 88-67. Check out highlights:
Here's a look at the media coverage:
- Associated Press: Vols breeze to 88-67 victory over Tennessee State
- Chattanooga Times Free Press:Darius Thompson sparks key spurts in UT Vols' win
- Knoxville News Sentinel:Tennessee triumphs: Vols defeat Tennessee State 88-67
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Freshman Darius Thompson shows off defense, court vision in win over Tennessee State
- Knoxville News Sentinel: McRae, Vols top TSU, 88-67
- Nooga.com: Tennessee tops TSU for third straight win
- The Chattanoogan: Tennessee Whips Tennessee State, 88-67, For Third Straight Win
The Vols host their final game before heading to the Bahamas early next week when Tennessee State comes to TBA for a Friday matchup.
Here's media coverage after Cuonzo Martin and the players met with them:
- Knoxville News Sentinel: UT Notebook: Men's basketball team off to hot start behind the arc
- Knoxville News Sentinel: GVX Audio: Cuonzo Martin
The Vols moved to 2-1 with a dominating, 86-60 win over The Citadel on Monday night. Check out the highlights:
Here's what the media wrote following the game:
- Associated Press: Tennessee rolls to 86-60 victory over The Citadel
- Charleston Post Courier: Citadel basketball falls by 86-60 at Tennessee
- Chattanooga Times Free Press: Antonio Barton again efficient as Vols cruise past The Citadel
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Tennessee freshman Robert Hubbs happy with performance against Citadel, 86-60
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Vols crush The Citadel, 86-60
- Nooga.com: Tennessee outmuscles The Citadel in easy win
- Sports Network: Recap: Tennessee vs. Citadel
- Tennessee Journalist: Tennessee rolls past The Citadel 86-60
- UT Daily Beacon: UT flies past The Citadel, 86-60
- UT Daily Beacon: Richardson slams, Vol ram Buldogs
The Vols host their second game in three days as The Citadel comes to Thompson-Boling Arena. Get all of your game info right here in: Vol Hoops Central: The Citadel.
Here are a few previews from the media:
- Charleston Post Courier: The Citadel at Tennessee
- Global Post: Preview: Citadel at Tennessee
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Matchup: The Citadel at Tennessee
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Working overtime Jeronne Maymon exceeding minute limit
- Knoxville News Sentinel: Vols ready to be aggressive, accountable Players talk about falling behind early
- Nooga.com: Preview: Tennessee vs. The Citadel