Sept. 4, 2009
DAVID SMITH & FAMILY
HOMETOWN: Celina, TN
TENNESSEE FUND GIVING LEVEL: Trailblazer
YEARS GIVING: 21
1) What was the first UT game you attended?
1974 UT vs. Tulsa @ Knoxville
2) What is your favorite UT football moment?
Seeing Peyton Manning and the Vols crush Alabama in Birmingham in 1995. (We celebrated that game for days.)
3) What is the best part about UT game day?
Tailgating with family and friends, the Vol Walk and walking with The Pride of the Southland Band to the stadium!
4) Why do you support UT athletics? It is our bond time as a family. No matter what is going on in the world we can start down the road to a UT game and at that moment, nothing else matters. Tennessee is our home and I have been a UT fan all my life. Supporting UT is our way of saying thanks.
5) What are you most proud of as a UT fan?
The class in which Mike Hamilton runs the athletic department.
6) What is the farthest distance you have traveled to see the Vols play?
Three-thousand miles to see the Vols play on the West Coast.
7) What excites you most about the Lane Kiffin era?
The energy and excitement that he brings to Rocky Top and that the other teams are worried.