- Opened her college career on the road at UNC Wilmington, where she swam the 200 fly (2:12.56) and 200 IM (2:09.97)
- Set new career best in the 200 IM, taking second in 2:05.76 against Kentucky and Indiana. Also swam the 200 backstroke and 100 breaststroke at Lexington, Ky.
- Swam three races in first home meet against Louisville, competing in the 400 IM for the first time (4:35.21)
- Swam three career bests against Ohio State, in the 1000 freestyle (5:06.50), 100 breaststroke (1:07.73), and 200 IM (2:05.63)
- Showed off versatility at the Tennessee Invitational, setting career bests in eight races and reaching the A-final in four events. She took third in the 200 IM (2:05.85)
- Made career best times in the SEC prelims in the 100 back (54.99), 200 back (1:56.43) and 200 IM (2:01.70).
- Placed for the Lady Vols in the 200 backstroke, coming in 15th place in the B Final
- Hailing from Ann Arbor, Mich., DeMonte has won five state championships over the past three years
- Finding great success in the 100 back and 200 IM, she holds Michigan Division I state records in both events. This year she rewrote the record books by swimming times of 54.56 seconds in 100 back and 1:59.67 in the 200 IM, which topped her previous best and state record mark of 2:00.72
- A five-star recruit according to Swimming World Magazine and a 12-time National Interscholastic Swim Coaches Association (NISCA) All-American
- In 2009, she was named the Washtenaw County girls Swimmer of the Year
- As a senior at Huron High School, DeMonte was selected to compete for the Michigan Interscholastic Swim Coaches Association (MISCA) Dream Team the past two years.