- Started off his second UT season by placing fifth in the 100-yard breaststroke at UNCW (1:01.18).
- Earned a career best at UNCW by swimming the 200-yard backstroke in 1:57.61
- Earned fourth place in the 100-yard freestyle against IU and UK, thanks to a 47.01 time
- Swam a pair of career-best times at Nike Cup, in the 50 Free Prelims (21.16) and the 200 Free (1:39.84); Hirstein finished third in the B final of the 200 Free
SEC MEET RECAP
- Made a pair of C finals to score six points for the Vols at the SEC meet.
- Finished 21st in the 100 free (44.11)
- Placed 23rd in the 200 IM (1:48.21) and swam an NCAA B cut of 1:47.10 in the morning preliminaries.
- Took 38th in the 200 free in 1:38.23.
- Competed in four meets during the fall semester, swimming six different events during that time
- Recorded three career bests at the Georgia Tech Invitational: 100 free (47.33), 100 breast (59.41), 200 breast (2:20.16).
- Improved on career bests at the AT&T Winter National Championships, in the 100 breast (57.86) and the 200 IM (1:55.27)
- Ranked No. 2 recruit in Hawaii by collegeswimming.com
- Competed with the Hawaii Swimming Club and the Kamehameha Swim Club
- As a senior at Island Pacific Academy, he won two stand championships and set a new meet record in the 100-yard breaststroke in a time of 55.91. He also won the 200 IM, winning by more than five seconds
- Named the Honolulu Star-Advertiser's Athlete of the Week Award for his performance at the state championships
- Finished with five individual high school titles. He won the 100 backstroke as a junior and won the 200 IM and 100 backstroke as a sophomore
- Birthday:January 6, 1995
- Majoring in Kinesiology