2014 - 3
SEC MEDAL COUNT (4)
2014: 200 MR, 200 FR, 400 FR
2013: 400 FR
2014 All-SEC (2nd Team)
- Aided by a 52.00 time, Bruens won the 100-yard freestyle at UNCW.
- Swam the third leg to help the quartet of Bruens, Molly Hannis, Faith Johnson and Cherelle Thompson win the season's first event: the 200 Medley Relay.
2014 All-SEC (2nd Team)
DUAL MEET RECAP
- Competed in all five meets during the fall semester, primarily competed in the 50 and 100 freestyle races
- Placed second three times in the 50 freestyle during the fall against South Carolina, Louisville and Indiana/Kentucky. She had a fall-best time 23.23 at Georgia Tech
- Scored three top-three finishes in t he 100 freestyle, including a fall-best time of 51.09 against Indiana/Kentucky
- Placed 3rd in 50 freestyle (23.57), 5th in 200 freestyle (1:53.32), and posted a career best time (2:13.84) in the 200 IM in meet against Missouri and Virginia Tech.
- Posted season highs in 50 freestyle (23.11) and 100 freestyle (50.68) against Georgia, placing 5th in both events.
- Won three silver medals in the 200 Free Relay, 400 Free Relay and the 200 Medley Relay
- The combined time of 3:12.76 in the 400 yard Freestyle Relay is an NCAA automatic qualifying time
- Bruens helped UT win a silver medal in the 200 Freestyle Relay in 1:28.37, clinching another NCAA automatic qualifying time
- Along with Lauren Solernou, Molly Hannis and Faith Johnson, Bruens swam a season high time of 1:35.81 en route to a silver medal. The current SEC record holders in the event were less than a second off the record time.
- Helped the Vols to 5th place in the 200 freestyle relay.
- Helped the Vols to 2nd place in the 200 medley relay.
- Helped the Vols to 7th place in the 400 freestyle relay.
- Won first career races against UNC Wilmington, the 200 freestyle (1:54.91) and 100 freestyle (52.01). Only Lady Vol freshman to win multiple races
- Took third in the 50 freestyle (23.48), fourth in the 100 freestyle (51.31) and fifth in the 200 freestyle (1:50.66) in a double dual meet against Kentucky and Indiana
- Started home career with a trio of top four finishes in the 50, 100 and 200 freestyle events vs. Louisville
- Swam a career best in the 100 butterfly against Ohio State (57.56)
- Set five new career bests at the Tennessee Invitational to end her first semester as a Lady Vol. She reached the A-cut finals in the 50, 100, 200 and 500 freestyle races
- Part of the Lady Vols' third-place 400 freestyle relay team. She swam the third leg on the relay that finished in an A cut time of 3:14.18
- Scored points in all her individual events, headlined by a 14th-place finish in the 100 freestyle in 49.16. Swam a 49.00 in the prelims, an NCAA B cut time
- Finished 16th in the 50 freestyle (22.75)
- Took 17th in the 200 freestyle in a career best 200 free time (1:46.87)
- Took 24th in the 50 freestyle (22.49) and 44th in the 100 freestyle (49.63)
- Swam in the morning prelims of the 200 freestyle relay, helping the Lady Vols to the A final, which the team won that night
- Took 2nd in the Florida meet in the 100 freestyle, with her season best time of 50.07.
- Excelled in the sprint freestyles and qualified for the 2012 USA Swimming Olympic Trials in the 50-meter freestyle where she finished 96th in 26.53
- Won the 3A state title in the 100 freestyle as a senior at Boca Raton
- Competed as a member of Swim Fort Lauderdale and FLA Aquatics
- Ranked No. 121 nationally in the recruiting class by collegeswimming.com.
- Born August 26, 1994
- Parents: Mark and Hope Bruens
- Recipient of the Doug and Ruby Ketner Women's Athletic Endowed Scholarship