- Started the year with a second-place finish in the 100 backstroke at UNC Wilmington
- Swam a trio of races against Kentucky and Indiana, headlined by an eighth-place finish in the 100 breaststroke
- Recorded a career-best 2:27.46 in the 200 breaststroke
- Swam a career best against Louisville in the 200 breaststroke (2:27.46) and a season best in the 100 backstroke (56.90)
- Swam a season best in the 200 I.M. against Ohio State (2:13.36)
- Career meet for Gaeckle, who set career bests in all three individual events in the preliminaries
- Clocked best times in the 50 free (24.15), 100 back (55.00) and 200 back (1:59.35).
- Qualified for the consolation final in the 200y back, finishing 14th after a season-best time of 1:59.35 at SECs
- Just missed the cut in the 100y back, claiming 18th in the event with a mark of 55.98 seconds
- Swam a season-best and B-cut time of 55.15 seconds in the 100y back versus Florida
- Finished fifth or better in three events versus the Gators
- Claimed fifth in the 200y back against Georgia and South Carolina
- Took third in the 100y back versus the Gamecocks
- Was on third place medley relays against South Carolina and UNC-Wilmington.
- Helped lead Charlotte Catholic to four North Carolina High School Athletic Association 3A State Swimming & Diving Championships during her prep career, as the school has now won 10 consecutive state crowns
- Was a member of two relays squads that set 3A state records in 2009, as the 200y medley relay quartet finished in 1:47.76 and the 400y free relay touched in at 3:38.16
- As a senior, won four state titles, as she finished first individually in the 200y free (1:52.67) and 100y back (56.69) and was a member of the victorious 200y medley relay and 400y free relay squads
- In 2010, she was on the winning 200y medley relays squad and the 400y free squad
- Claimed runner-up in the 100y free and finished third in the 200y free during her sophomore and junior campaigns
- As a freshman, took third in the 200y free relay, fourth in the 100y back and fifth in the 200y IM
- Coached by Brian Gross.
- Majoring in Journalism and Electronic Media
- Outside interests include reading, singing and dancing
- Has two brothers: Daniel and Brennan, and a sister, Anna
- Chose Tennessee over Rutgers and Maryland
- Erin McCaffrey Gaeckle, daughter of Jeff and Sheila Gaeckle, was born Dec. 30, 1992.