2015 - 1
DUAL MEET RECAP
- Set a pair of career-best times at UNCW, starting off with a fourth place finish (54.23) in the 100-yard backstroke
- His 4:40.50 time in the 500-yard freestyle also set a career high and also earned him his first victory at UT.
- Earned a victory in the 1000-yard freestyle (9:15.74) at Queens, as well as set a career high in the event
- Finished in second place in the 500-yard freestyle at QU (4:34.23)
- Set a pair of career-high times at UNC, starting off with a third-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle (1:40.89), followed by a close victory in the 500-yard freestyle (4:27.12)
- Against Indiana and Kentucky, set a new career-best time in the 1650-yard freestyle (15:27.12), finishing second place behind teammate David Heron
- Won the 500 (4:16.93) and the 1650 Free (14:42.04) at the Nike Cup; the last time he won the 500 was at Joury Natatorium in Chapel Hill
- Earned an A-cut time in the 1650 and a pair of B-cut times in the 500 at the Nike Cup
- Swam a career-best 4:16.37 in the 500 Free Prelims at Nike Cup, breaking a pool record and setting a new career-best time
- After the NIKE Cup, Pinion was No. 1 all-time in UT history in both the 1000 Free (8:55.62) and 1650 Free (14:42.04), as well as third all-time in UT history in the 500 Free with his 4:16.37 prelim time.
- In first SEC meet, earned 17 points for the Vols by taking 10th in the 1650 freestyle (15:01.29).
- Finished 37th in the 500 freestyle (4:27.11) and 48th in the 200 freestyle (1:40.00).
- Took eighth place in the 1650 freestyle to earn first-team All-America honors in a time of 14:47.85, just three seconds off his career-best pace.
- Also placed 39th in the 500 freestyle (4:21.00).
- Ranked as high as 23rd nationally by collegeswimming.com
- In a breakout performance at the 2011 FINA Youth World Championships, he broke meet records en route to winning the 800- and 1500-meter freestyles
- He was named to the 2012-13 USA Swimming National Junior Team thanks to a pair of top performances at the 2012 US Olympic Trials, finishing 10th in the 1500 freestyle and 12th in the 400 freestyle
- He also finished seventh in the 1500 free at the 2011 Conoco-Phillips National Championships
- While competing for Bearden High School, he won the state title in the 200- and 500-yard freestyle
- Recipient of the John McNeil Family Athletic Scholarship
- Birthday: November 11, 1994