- Made his debut at Queens, where he cracked the top-4 in the 100-yard freestyle (46.84)
- Earned three career-best times at UNC in the 50-yard freestyle (21.42), 100 Free (46.78) and 200-yard freestyle (1:42.28)
- Made two new career-best times against IU and UK in the 200 Free (1:41.97) and his leg of the 400-yard freestyle relay (45.45)
- Semifinalist in the 100-meter freestyle at the 2013 FINA World Junior Championships (50.83).
- Trained with the Davie Nadadores and also worked with Azura Florida Aquatics.
- His father, Dean Romany, was the manager of Trinidad & Tobago's junior world championship team.
- Among Romany's goals is qualifying for the 2016 Rio Olympics.