- Competed in four meets during the fall semester, primarily competing in the 50 and 100 freestyle
- Won the 50 freestyle at Louisville in 20.38, his first collegiate victory
- Won the 100 freestyle twice during the fall, swimming his first NCAA B-cut time of 43.48 en route to taking first at the Georgia Tech Invitational.
- Came to Tennessee as one of the fastest sprint freestylers to swim collegiately in recent memory
- Won three gold medals at the 2013 FINA Junior World Championships in Dubai just before launching his UT career. He won the 50-meter freestyle, setting a meet record in 22.11 seconds. He also was part of the winning 400 freestyle relay and 400 mixed medley relay. He took silver in the 100 freestyle.
- Turned in several then-top times of his career in April at the Australian Age Championships and the EnergyAustralia Swimming Championships. He recorded a time of 22.24 seconds in the 50-meter freestyle and 49.63 in the 100 freestyle later in the month
- He also posted a winning performance in the 50 freestyle in January's Australian Youth Olympic Festival
- Percy trained with the Southport Olympic Swimming Club, one of the high performance clubs in Australia