2012-13 - FRESHMANSEASON RECAP
- Competed exclusively during the fall semester in four meets: UNC Wilmington, Louisville, Ohio State, Tennessee Invitational
- Swam eight events for the Vols in that span, primarily the 100 breaststroke and the individual medleys
- Recorded three top-8 finishes in the 100 breaststroke, with his top time coming at the Tennessee Invitational (1:01.63)
- Achieved seven career bests at the Tennessee Invitational
PRIOR TO TENNESSEE
- Mendoza clocked a qualifying time for the summer's US Olympic Trials in the 400 IM
- Member of the Nitro Swimming club, where he primarily competed in the individual medleys and distance freestyle events.