Peter John Stevens
ALL-AMERICA CERTIFICATES (5)
2016 - 3
2015 - 2
SEC MEDAL COUNT (1)
2015: 200 MR
2017 CSCAA All-American (Honorable Mention)
2016 CSCAA Scholar All-America
2016 SEC Academic Honor Roll
2015 All-SEC (First Team)
2016-17 - JUNIOR
DUAL MEET RECAP
- Concluded fall semester with a career-best performance on the senior international stage, earning a silver medal in the 50-meter breaststroke at the FINA Short Course World Championships in Windsor, Canada. His time of 25.85 broke the Slovenian national record.
- Swam at five collegiate meets during the fall season, winning the 100 breaststroke against Kentucky/Indiana and North Carolina. He recorded an NCAA B-cut in the 100 breaststroke seven times during the semester.
2015-16 - SOPHOMORENCAA RECAP
- Earned an NCAA silver medal and first-team All-America honors after finishing second in the 100 breaststroke, establishing a new Tennessee Record (51.51)
- During his leg of the 400 medley relay, Stevens swam the fastest 100 breaststroke split in the field (50.31)
- Earned his third First Team All American Honor by swimming the breaststroke leg of the sixth place 200 medley relay, swimming the fastest 50 breaststroke split in history (22.69)
- Member of the 200 yard medley relay placing fourth earning 52 team points and a (1:24.09) final
- Placed fifth in the 400 yard medley relay along with teammates Sean Lehane, Ryan Coetzee and Kyle DeCoursey earning 50 team points (3:07.41)
2014-15 - FRESHMAN
DUAL MEET RECAP
- Opened up his individual victory total by earning first place in the 100-yard breaststroke at UNCW
- Earned three new career-high times over the two-day road trip, including a victory in the 100 Breast at UNC (55.08)
- Won the 100 Breast for the third time already this season by clocking in 54.23 against IU and UK, breaking his career best from UNC
- Swam the 400-yard freestyle relay for the first time this season, clocking his leg in at 46.71
- Won the 100 Breast at the Nike Cup in 53.13, setting both a new career-best time and qualifying for a NCAA b-cut time
- Part of the winning 200 medley relay team, his first gold medal at UT. The team finished in 1:24.09 with Stevens providing a breaststroke split of 22.72, believed to be the fastest ever.
- Took fourth in the 100 breaststroke in 52.07. He swam a career-best time of 51.88 in the prelims.
- Also placed 29th in the 200 breaststroke (2:01.92) and 36th in the 200 IM (1:51.37).
- In other relays, part of the fifth-place 400 medley team.
- Helped the Vols to an eighth-place finish in the 200 medley relay (1:24.26).
- Finished third in consolations -- 11th overall -- in the 100 breaststroke (52.27).
- Earned First Team All American Honors swimming the breaststroke leg of the 6th place 400 medley relay, which established a new Tennessee Record
PRIOR TO TENNESSEE
- Won the 50-meter breaststroke at the 2013 FINA World Junior Championships, setting the meet record and Slovenian junior national record in 27.74.
- Took second in the 50 breaststroke at the 2013 European Junior Championships.
- Came in fifth in the 50 breaststroke at the European Short Course Swimming Championships in December 2013.
- Swims on the club team PK Triglav Kranj.
- Birthday: July 1, 1996
- Recipient of the Five Oaks Development Group Athletic Scholarship Endowment