- Won his first solo event in his first meet as a Vol at UNCW; his career-best 1:52.20 proved fast enough to win the 200-yard individual medley (IM).
- Attended Baylor School in Chattanooga and was part of the Baylor Swim Club.
- No. 1 recruit from Tennessee and has been ranked 16th nationally in the signing class by collegeswimming.com.
- Member of the the 2013 USA Swimming Junior National Team.
- At the NCSA Junior National Championships in March, he won the 200 butterfly (1:43.23) and was third in the 200 IM (1:46.64) and second in the 400 IM (3:45.81) and second in the 200 backstroke (1:42.82).
- He won both the 200 IM and 500 freestyle at the Tennessee State Championships as a senior.
- Recipient of the LoJac Athletic Scholarship Endowment