Two-time SEC Academic Honor Roll member...Recipient of team's James Snow Award.
2013 TRACK & FIELD
- Finished the 3000m in 8:48.46 to place 9th at the Virginia Tech Invitational
- Ran the mile at the Kentucky Invitational, finishing in a personal best time of 4:20.99
2012 CROSS COUNTRY
Ran ninth on the team and 106th overall at the 8K SEC Championships, finishing in a time of 27:04.45...Finished 30th overall and seventh on the team in the 5K Belmont Opener in a personal best time 16:19.10...Ran eighth for the Vols and 95th overall at the 8K Commodore Classic, finishing in 26:43.57...Competed for Tennessee at the Brooks Paul Short Run, finishing in 26:53, earning 273rd place and the eighth spot on the team...Placed 78th and seventh on the team at the 8K Crimson Classic, finishing in 27:51.65.
2012 TRACK & FIELD
- Named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll...Indoors
- Ran the opening 1200m leg on UT's DMR that placed 10th at SEC Indoors in a season-best time of 10:09.78... Placed ninth in the mile at the Auburn Invitational, covering the distance in 4:22.10...Placed fifth in the Blue Division of the mile in 4:23.91 at the Akron Invitational...Anchored UT's DMR to fifth at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge in 10:11.17...Ran the mile at A&M in 4:22.33...Ran the 3000m in 8:55.01 at the Kentucky Invitational...Outdoors
2011 CROSS COUNTRY
Wound up 75th at the SEC Championships in an 8K career best of 26:40.70...Ran seventh for the team, placed 78th overall and posted a then-8K career best of 27:13.51 at the Crimson Classic...Placed 17th overall and eighth among his teammates at the 8K Tennessee Invitational in a then-personal-best time of 27:18.02...Hit the finish chute in 35th place, seventh among UT runners, in a time of 16:28.49 at the 5K Belmont-VU Opener.
2011 TRACK & FIELD
- Made the SEC Academic Honor Roll...Received the James Snow Award, which goes to the outstanding academic Vol freshman...Indoors
- Ran the 3000 meters at Kentucky's Rod McCravy Memorial, finishing in 8:47.97...Outdoors
- Placed 13th in the 3000m steeplechase at the Sea Ray Relays, covering the distance in 9:57.84.
2010 CROSS COUNTRY
Popped the top on his UT career at the 5K Belmont-VU Opener, running fifth for the Big Orange and placing 27th overall in a career-best 16:24.59...Logged an 8K time of 28:02.13 to place 70th at the Commodore Classic...Ran in 8K ISU Pre-National Open Race, finishing 103rd in a career-best 27:29.8.
Won the 2000m steeplechase at the 2010 Volunteer Track Classic and was runner-up in 2009...Had a PR steeple clocking of 6:17.69 in taking 13th at the 2010 New Balance Outdoor Nationals...Broke every distance record at Sevier County High School, many of them formerly held by his father...Owns a 16:45 5K personal best in the Senior Boys Division at the 2009 Foot Locker South Regional Cross Country Championships...National finalist for Wendy's High School Heisman in 2009...Valedictorian of his class.
Born April 11, 1992, in Knoxville, Tenn....Enrolled in the College of Arts & Sciences and interested in psychology as a major...Parents are Eddie and Libby McCandless...Has a younger sister, Caitlyn.