ZIMMERMAN'S SEC SCORING
2013 Indoor DMR: 4th, 11:23.77
2013 SEC scorer...Member of SEC Academic Honor Roll in 2011 and 2012...2011 SEC Cross Country Preseason Watch List.
2013 TRACK & FIELD
- SEC scorer (wDMR, 4th, 11:23.77)
- Placed fourth in the SEC Championships Distance Medley Relay with a time of 11:23.77
- Earned a new career best in the 3000m at the Tyson Invitational, where she finished fourth in 9:47.31
- Dropped her mile PR at the Armory Invitational, where she finished sixth in the Championship division in 4:47.13
- Ran the 3000m at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge, placing third in a time of 9:49.12
- Finished fifth in the mile at the Virginia Tech Invitational, earning a personal record of 4:52.76
- Started the season with a new personal record in the 3000m, earned at the Kentucky Invitational with a third-place finish in 9:48.62
2012 CROSS COUNTRY
Finished third on the team and 61st overall in a personal best time of 21:28.7 at the 6K NCAA South Regional...Led the team at the 6K SEC Championships, finishing 28th overall in a personal best time of 21:30.68...Ran third for the Lady Vols and 23rd overall at the 4K Belmont Opener, finishing in 15:42.70...Scored at the Brooks Paul Short Run, finishing in 22:28 to finish 141st overall and third on the team...Placed third on the team and 19th overall in 18:21.79 at the 5K Crimson Classic.
2012 TRACK & FIELD
- Ran a mile PR of 4:57.59 at the SEC Indoor meet, but it did not advance her to the final...Carded a 3000m lifetime best of 10:02.42 to place third in the Gold Division at the Akron Invitational...Lowered her mile time to 4:58.97 for a personal best at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge...Logged a 5:02.32 readout in the mile at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational...Also ran the mile at the Auburn Invitational, covering the distance in 5:04.35... Outdoors
- Checked in fourth with a 1500m time of 4:38.20 at the UCLA/Washington State Double Dual...Finished eighth in the 800m with a PR of 2:14.42 at the Tennessee Challenge...Just missed improving her 1500m best at the Sea Ray Relays, running 4:38.42 in the Showcase division...Improved her outdoor PR in the 3000m to 10:06.51 at the Penn Relays...Earned a new 1500m PR of 4:35.54 in the prelims at the SEC Championship meet.
2011 CROSS COUNTRY
Just missed her 6K PR at the SEC Championships, running second for UT and 26th overall in 21:34.13...Completed her initial race of 2011, running second for Tennessee and 172nd overall in 22:47 at the 6K Brooks Paul Short Run...Was third scoring runner and 27th overall at the 5K Crimson Classic, finishing in 18:22.68...Competed at the NCAA South Regional but was unable to finish due to injury.
2011 TRACK & FIELD
- Named to SEC Academic Honor Roll...Indoors
- Competed in four individual races indoors, lowering her PRs in the mile and 3000m...Dropped her mile best to 5:02.31 at the Penn State National...Ran 5:04.29 to place 16th at the SEC meet...Finished fifth in the college division of the 3000m at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational in a time of 10:10.36...Outdoors
- Posted a lifetime best in the 3000m to finish second in 10:08.31 at the UT-UCLA Dual...Posted a trio of 1500m run PRs, the lowest a 4:41.21 effort in the SEC prelims...Ran on Tennessee's third place DMR (12:04.59) at the Sea Ray Relays.
2010 CROSS COUNTRY
Led UT and was 42nd overall in a 6K career best of 22:15.91 at the SEC Championships...Placed 46th in a career-best 21:33.01 and led UT for the fifth time in six races at the NCAA South Regional...Debuted as UT's top finisher and grabbed 35th place at the 4K Belmont-VU Opener, covering the course in 15:25.47...Led team for second straight week, placing 17th overall in a time of 18:57.44 at the 5K Commodore Classic...Was No. 1 runner for Big Orange again at the 6K Brooks Paul Short Run, registering a career-best time of 22:36 and placing 152nd out of 367 runners...Just missed leading the squad at the Front Runner Invitational, matching Chanelle Price's time of 11:37 on the two-mile course but crossing the line just behind her teammate to place 11th...Named to the 2011 SEC Freshman Academic Honor Roll.
On the track, she won state titles in 2007 in the 1600m, 3200m and 4x800m relay...Was third in the 1600m and fifth in the 800m at the 2010 TSSAA Division II Championships...Named All-KIL (800m/1600m) and chosen to the Knoxville News-Sentinel's PrepXtra Second Team as a senior...Best prep times included 5:12.22 for 1600m, 11:18.43 for 3200m and 11:15.35 for two miles...Won TSSAA State Cross Country Division II A Championships in 2006 and 2009, and was the runner-up in 2007 and 2008...Career best time on the course for 5K is 18:12.00 (25th, 2008 Foot Locker South Regional)...Was 30th at that meet in 2008.
Born Sept. 15, 1992, in Plano, Texas....Majoring in kinesiology...Parents are Lesli Rowan and John Zimmerman...Has five siblings: Mike, David and Ariel Zimmerman, Sean Zimmerman-Wall and Sharon Gandy.