| Terry Benson
Las Vegas, Nev.
BENSON'S SEC SCORING
2011 Indoor DMR: 2nd, 9:47.45
2011 Indoor 60mH: 8th, 8.21
2012 Indoor 60mH: 3rd, 7.95
2012 Indoor 4x400mR: 6th, 3:11.29
2012 Outdoor 110mH: 6th, 14.08
2013 Indoor 4x400mR: 5th, 3:10.83
2013 Indoor 60mH: 6th, 8.05
2011 All-SEC Indoor Second Team (DMR)...Seven-time SEC scorer...Named to the 2012 SEC Academic Honor Roll...Won the 2012 Indoor Vol Most Valuable Track Athlete Award and the Outdoor Vol Most Improved Athlete Award.
2013 TRACK & FIELD
- Two-time indoor SEC scorer (m4x400mR, 5th, 3:10.83; m60mH, 6th, 8.05)
- Ran with the 4x400mR team at the Alex Wilson Invitational, finishing 16th in 3:14.60
- Scored at the 2013 indoor SEC Championships twice...Finished fifth with the 4x400mR team, running the third leg and helping the team to a 3:10.83 time, and sixth in the 60mH, which he finished in a season-best 8.05
- Finished sixth in his heat in the preliminary round of the 60mH at the Tyson Invitational in a time of 8.15...Ran the third leg of the 4x400mR, which finished in 3:14.24
- Finished 30th in the preliminary round of the 60mH championship division at the Armory Invitational in a time of 8.17...Ran the anchor leg of the 4x400mR, helping his team to a 14th place finish in the championship division in 3:16.54
- At the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge, finished the 60m hurdles in 8.21 to place fourth...Was the anchor on the 4x400mR team, finishing 5th in 3:13.08
- Ran the 60mH at the Virginia Tech Invitational, finishing 3rd in his preliminary heat in 8.32...Finished the final in seventh place in 8.37...Started the 4x400mR off on the right foot, running the leadoff leg to a first-place finish in 3:15.14
- Competed in the 60m hurdles at the Kentucky Invitational, finishing third in the preliminary round in 8.10 and second in the finals in a time of 8.17...Also ran the leadoff leg of the 4x400mR, which finished first in 3:15.99
2012 TRACK & FIELD
- Named the Indoor Vol Most Valuable Track Athlete and the Outdoor Most Improved Athlete...Member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll...Indoors
- Ran career-best times of 8.04 in the prelims and then 7.95 in the final to seize a surprise third-place finish in the 60m hurdles at the SEC Indoor Championships...Also ran the third leg for UT's sixth-place 4x400m relay unit, which finished in a season-best 3:11.29...Produced a then-PR of 8.10 to place fourth in the Gold Division of the 60m hurdles at the Akron Invitational...Logged an 8.17 readout in the prelims at the Auburn Invitational...Placed fifth in the 60m hurdles at 8.26 at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge and ran on UT's season-best 4x400m clocking of 3:13.04 at that meet...Sixth in the hurdles in 8.32 at the Kentucky Invitational...Ran the 400 at that meet in 49.68 to finish ninth...Outdoors
- Scored for the first time in SEC Outdoor competition, placing sixth in the 110m hurdles in a wind-aided 14.08...Ran a legal 14.10 in the prelims...Just missed scoring in the 400m hurdles, finishing ninth in 52.71...Finished his career at Tennessee at the NCAA East Preliminary Round with efforts in the 110m hurdles and 400m hurdles...His time in the 110mH met his PR of 14.10, while his time in the 400mH was 51.96 in the first round and 52.54 in the quarterfinals...Ran a career-best 51.79 in the Showcase 400m hurdles to place second at the Sea Ray Relays and was fifth in the 110m hurdles in a wind-aided 14.16...Also ran on UT's season-best 4x4 unit, which was third in 3:10.97...Won the 110m hurdles in a wind-aided (2.5) 14.05 and finished second in the 400m hurdles in 52.13 at the UCLA/Washington Double Dual...Took first in the 110m hurdles at the Tennessee Challenge, running 14.32...Also ran that time in the prelims at the Penn Relays...Opened up with a fifth-place time of 52.52 in the 400m hurdles at the SEC/Big Ten Challenge.
2011 TRACK & FIELD
- All-SEC Indoor Second Team (DMR)... Indoors
- Scored in two events at the SEC Indoor meet, taking eighth in the 60m hurdles in 8.21...Also helped the distance medley relay to a runner-up finish, running the 400m leg and aiding the tandem to a season-best 9:47.45 readout...Ran his 60m hurdles PR of 8.15 in the SEC prelims...Ran on UT's distance medley and 4x400m relays at the New Balance meet in New York, assisting UT to sixth in the first and to seventh in the latter...Outdoors
- Was a two-event winner for the Vols at the UT-UCLA dual meet, taking the 400m hurdles in a career-best 52.14 and the 110m hurdles in 14.63...Just missed making the SEC finals in the 110m hurdles, finishing ninth in the prelims in 14.60...Ran his 110m hurdles personal best at the Sea Ray Relays, taking seventh in 14.28.
AT CENTRAL ARIZONA COLLEGE
Finished third in the 110 and 400m hurdles at the 2009 NJCAA Region I Championships in 14.76 and 52.85, respectively...The 400mH time was a PR...Clicked over the 110m hurdles in a personal-best time of 14.40 to place third at the 2010 Arizona Community College Athletic Conference (ACCAC) Championship Meet.
Was third in the 110m hurdles in 14.76 as a senior at the 2008 Nevada 4A state meet...Logged a 39.38 readout in the 300m hurdles to post the No. 5 time in Nevada that season as well.
Born June 15, 1990, in Las Vegas, Nev....Enrolled in the College of Arts & Sciences...Interested in environmental studies as a major...Parents are Tracy and Francine Benson...Godfather is Stacy Cooper...Siblings are Stacey, Tracy, Perry and Johnnie.