BROWN'S SEC SCORING
2010 Indoor Long Jump: 7th, 24-10.50/7.58m
2010 Outdoor Long Jump: 5th, 25-9.25/7.85m
2012 Indoor Long Jump: 7th, 24-3/7.39m
Three-time SEC scorer in the long jump...2011 recipient of team's Jon Young Captain's Award...2010 recipient of the Herb Neff Award, the Freshman of the Year Award and the Outdoor Track Most Improved Athlete Award.
2012 TRACK & FIELD
- Scored in SEC action for the first time since 2010, leaping 24-3 to place seventh in the long jump at the league indoor meet...Won the long jump at the Kentucky Invitational with a leap of 24-4 1/4...Ran 6.77 to place seventh in the 60m dash at that meet as well...Sixth in the long jump at the Auburn Invitational with a best of 23-8 and matched his 60m PR at 6.96 in the prelims...Finished fourth with a leap of 23-6 in the long jump at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge...That mark also earned him fourth in the Gold Division at the Akron Invitational...Long jumped 23-10 3/4 to wind up eighth in the championship division at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational...Outdoors
- Went to the NCAA Outdoor meet as an alternate for the 4x100m relay...Finished fourth with a mark of 24-6 1/4 in the long jump at the Sea Ray Relays...Also placed fourth at the Vanderbilt Invitational with a long jump mark of 24-1 and ran the 100m in 10.94...Finished 41st in the long jump at the NCAA East Preliminary Round with a distance of 6.78.
2011 TRACK & FIELD
- Was the recipient of team's Jon Young Captain's Award...Indoors
- Placed ninth in the long jump at the SEC Indoor meet with a leap of 24-9...Jumped to a season-best mark of 24-10 to place sixth at the Penn State National...Posted a career-best triple jump measurement of 45-0 ¼ to place 10th at the Kentucky Invitational...Finished 16th in that event at the SEC meet with a mark of 43-5 ¼...Outdoors
- Finished 12th in the long jump at the SEC Outdoor meet, stretching the tape to 23-10 ¼...Began the outdoor season with back-to-back wins in the long jump, soaring to 24-1 ¾ at the UCF Invitational and a season-best 24-7 at the UT-UCLA Dual...Qualified for the NCAA East Preliminary Round meet but did not advance.
2010 TRACK & FIELD
- At the team's awards banquet, he collected the Herb Neff Award, Freshman of the Year Award and the Most Improved Athlete Outdoor Track Award...Indoors
- Produced a seventh-place finish at the SEC Indoor Championships with a leap of 24-10 1/2 in the long jump...Posted a trio of career-best jumps, including his indoor PR of 25-0 to place fifth in the championship division at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational...Runner-up in the long jump at the Texas A&M Challenge at 24-4 1/2...Outdoors
- Had four PRs during the outdoor season, including a best of 25-9 1/4 at the SEC Championships to finish fifth...Jumped a wind-aided 25-9 1/2 to finish seventh at the USA Championships...Qualified for the NCAA East Preliminary Round but did not advance...Won long jump at the Tennessee Invitational and was second at the Sea Ray Relays...Anchored UT's 4x100m relay in all five of its races in 2010...Best mark was a 39.39 effort to wind up fourth at the Pepsi Florida Relays.
2009 TRACK & FIELD
- Competed in only one indoor meet before redshirting...Outdoors
- Earned a fifth-place finish in the long jump at the Smoky Mountain Twilight with a season-best mark of 21-11...Placed sixth in the long jump with a mark of 21-8 1/4 at the Eastern Kentucky Open...Finished third in the 200m at the USF Invitational with a time of 22.31...Season-best 200m time of 22.11 came at the Sea Ray Relays.
Finished as the runner-up in the long jump in the 2008 TSSAA State Championship meet...Named Shelby All-Metro selection his senior year...Lettered two seasons as a basketball player.
Born Dec. 25, 1989...Majoring in communication studies...Parents are Daryl and Barbara Brown...His siblings are younger brother Chris and younger sisters Maya and Tori...Recipient of the Former Players Scholarship Endowment Fund.