| Chris Bodary
BODARY'S SEC SCORING
2011 Indoor 5000m.....7th, 14:23.61
2012 Indoor 5000m.....5th, 14:25.97
2012 Indoor 3000m.....8th, 8:20.77
2012 Outdoor 10000m.....8th, 30:38.32
Named to SEC Academic Honor Roll in 2010 and 2012...Four-time SEC track & field scorer...2010 Cross Country All-South Region Team...2008 SEC Cross Country All-Freshman Team...2012 Jon Young Captain's Award recipient...Named the 2011-12 Cross Country Vol Most Improved Athlete and the Most Valuable Athlete...Won the Vol Ilrey Oliver-Sparks Memorial Award for the Toughest Competitor.
2013 TRACK & FIELD
- Competed in both the 3000m and 5000m at the SEC Championships, finishing 18th in 8:27.57 and 12th in 14:23.07, respectively
- At the Armory Invitational, finished the mile 26th in the College division, completing the race in 4:17.76
- Finished the 3000m in 8:32.87 at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge to place 6th
- Ran the mile at the Virginia Tech Invitational in 4:24.65, placing 21st...Also ran the leadoff leg of the DMR, which finished in 10:17.41, placing fourth
- Ran in the 3000m race at the Kentucky Invitational, finishing 19th in 8:56.28
2012 TRACK & FIELD
- Named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll...Earned the Vol Ilrey Oliver-Sparks Memorial Award for the Toughest Competitor...Won the Jon Young Captain's Award...Indoors
- Scored in league action for the first time in his career, placing fifth in the 5000m in 14:25.97 and taking eighth in the 3000m in 8:20.77 at the SEC Indoor meet...Logged a PR of 4:10.93 in the mile at the Kentucky Invitational to place third...Lowered his best to 4:10.38 to place 11th in the college division at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational...Finished second in the 3000m at the Auburn Invitational in 8:30.66...Ran the 5K in 14:32.32 at the Flotrack Husky Classic...Led off UT's season-best DMR effort of 10:11.17 at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge...Outdoors
- Scored for the first time at the SEC Outdoor Championships, placing eighth in the 10000 meters in 30:38.32...Wound up 15th in the 5000m at 15:04.37...Finished fourth in the Showcase 1500m at the Sea Ray Relays, checking in with a PR of 3:52.66...Logged his outdoor PR in the 5000m at the Stanford Invitational, running 14:23.08 to place 11th out of 34 runners in section four...Opened the campaign with a time of 8:26.21 to place eighth in the 3000m at the SEC/Big Ten Challenge...Charted a career-best 1500m readout of 3:55.89 to wind up eighth at the UCLA/Washington State Double Dual...Ran the 5000m in 14:38.08 to finish 23rd in the championship division at the Penn Relays.
2011 CROSS COUNTRY
Closed out his season with a career-best finish of 12th at the NCAA South Regional, covering the 10K course in 31:30.2 to earn All-South Region accolades for the second year in a row...He now has factored into Tennessee's scoring tally in 12 straight meets and on 18 occasions during his career...Placed 28th at the SEC Championships in 25:07.40...Had three individual runner-up finishes as a senior...He took second at the Crimson Classic on Oct. 15, covering the 8K course in 25:01.59...Posted his second runner-up finish of the season on Sept. 15, taking second overall and running first for the home team at the 8K Tennessee Invitational in 25:24.52...Led UT to the finish line for the first time in his career, placing second overall at the Belmont-VU Opener on Sept. 2 in a 5K career-best time of 15:26.93...Recipient of the Vol Most Improved Athlete Award and the Most Valuable Athlete Award.
2011 TRACK & FIELD
- Scored in conference action for the first time in his career, placing seventh at the SEC Indoor meet in the 5000 meters with a time of 14:23.61...Logged his career best in that event at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational, placing fifth in the championship division at 14:21.14...Registered his 3000m PR of 8:14.85 to wind up fifth at the Texas A&M Challenge...Was 11th in the 3K at the SEC meet, crossing the line in 8:23.04...Outdoors
- Ran a lifetime best of 30:00.33 in the 10,000 meters at the Stanford Invitational to place 22nd in section two...Finished 11th at SEC Outdoors in that event at 31:47.34 and was 44th at the NCAA East Preliminary Round in 31:33.80...Placed 26th in the championship division of the 5000m at the Penn Relays, covering the distance in an outdoor career best of 14:41.06.
2010 CROSS COUNTRY
Earned All-South Region honors as the 23rd-place finisher and UT's No. 2 man in a personal-record 10K time of 30:55.41 at the NCAA South Regional...Was UT's third runner and placed 31st overall at the 8K SEC Championships in 25:24.24...Ran second on the team and placed fifth overall in 25:42.14 at the 8K Commodore Classic...Also was No. 2 runner for UT at 8K Brooks Paul Short Run, placing 61st in 25:00...Was squad's third runner and 109th overall in the 8K White Race at the ISU Pre-National Invitational in 25:07.1...Named to the 2011 SEC Academic Honor Roll.
2010 TRACK & FIELD
- Named to the SEC Academic Honor Roll...Indoors
- Notched a UT season best and a then-indoor personal record in the 5,000m at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational with a time of 14:30.02, placing ninth in the championship division...Recorded a fourth-place finish at the Texas A&M Challenge in the 3,000m with a then-career-topping indoor time of 8:24.30...Outdoors
- Clocked UT's second-best individual mark and a then-career best in the 10,000m with a time of 30:49.69 to finish ninth at the Sea Ray Relays...Registered a personal-best time of 9:40.28 in the 3,000m steeplechase in a 21st-place effort at the Pepsi Florida Relays...Posted a then-career-topping time of 14:56.14 in the 5000m at the Penn Relays.
2009 CROSS COUNTRY
Appeared in all six meets as a sophomore...Was UT's fifth scorer and placed 55th at the NCAA South Regional in a career-best 32:27.88...Contributed to the team's scoring tally at the Crimson Classic, Colonial Inter-Regional Challenge and Greater Louisville Classic...Ran third for UT, placing 12th overall at the Colonial in 26:14.6...Had his best 8K mark of the campaign at Louisville, taking 52nd in 25:14.45 as UT's fourth runner...Named to the 2010 SEC Academic Honor Roll.
2009 TRACK & FIELD
- Redshirted...Competed twice unattached, posting a time of 31:28.00 to finish sixth in the 10,000m at the Sea Ray Relays...Also ran at the Smoky Mountain Twilight meet.
2008 CROSS COUNTRY
Competed in all six races, scoring for the team three times...Finished seventh among Vols in 32:24.57 at the 10K NCAA South Regional...Placed 43rd overall and fifth among UT runners at the SEC Championship in 25:29.61...Came across the line 38th overall and second among Vols in a season-best 8K time of 24:52.84 at the Greater Louisville Classic...Placed 27th overall and fourth among Big Orange runners in 26:04.5 at the Colonial Inter-Regional Challenge...Opened the season with a 20th-place finish in 26:03.14 at the UT Invitational.
Named all-state by the Pennsylvania Track & Field Coaches Association after finishing second in the indoor 3,200m state championship race...Posted the third-fastest 3K time (8:47.52) in Pennsylvania in 2008...Placed second in the state indoor 3K and second in the NSIC two-mile in 2008.
Born March 7, 1990...Majoring in agriculture leadership...Parents are Michael and Lisa Bodary...Family includes younger brother Jeff and older sister Jen...Recipient of the Melody Sasser Endowment.