- Reached 54-2.5 in the weight throw at the league meet, finishing 24th
- Threw the weight 52-5.50 at the Tyson Invitational to place 19th
- Finished 37th in the Championship division of the weight throw at the Armory Invitational, reaching a distance of 47-5.75
- Placed tenth at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge with a toss of 51-3
- Competed in the weight throw at the Virginia Tech Invitational, finishing fifth with a distance of 53-1.75
- Tossed the weight a personal best 54-1.75 at the Kentucky Invitational
Honors - None...Indoors - Opened his career with a toss of 50-2 to place seventh in the weight throw at the Kentucky Invitational...Improved his PR to 50-9 1/2 in a 10th-place finish at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge...Outdoors - Competed in his first SEC Championship and carded a 12th-place toss of 155-11 in the hammer throw...In his first outdoor competition as a Vol, he placed third in the hammer throw with a PR toss of 166-4...Finished eighth in the hammer at the Tennessee Challenge at 157-10...Had a toss of 159-8 in the hammer at Sea Ray Relays and a mark of 159-11 at the Vanderbilt Invitational.