| Joe Franklin
|Height / Weight:|
5-11 / 135
FRANKLIN'S SEC T&F SCORING
2009 Indoor 800m
2009 Indoor DMR
2009 Outdoor 800m
2009 Outdoor 4x400mR
2010 Indoor 800m.....6th, 1:51.22
2010 Indoor DMR.....7th, 10:02.72
2010 Outdoor 800m.....6th, 1:48.71
2011 Indoor 800m.....6th, 1:51.71
2011 Outdoor 4x400mR.....7th, 3:12.84
Nine-time Southeastern Conference scorer during his career, including five times in the 800 and four occasions with relays...NCAA Outdoor qualifier in the 800m as a rookie...Earned 2009 SEC Outdoor All-Freshman Team Honors...Helped UT's sprint medley relay claim victory at the 2009 Penn Relays.
2013 TRACK & FIELD
- Competed in the 800m at the league meet, finishing eighth in his heat in 1:57.87
- Ran the 500m at the Virginia Tech Invitational, placing 14th in a career best 1:08.08...Competed in the 800m, finishing in 1:59.90 to place 8th...Helped the DMR to a win, finishing in 10:07.83
- Finished 17th in the 800m at the Kentucky Invitational, running in 2:00.75...Ran with the DMR team, finishing second in 10:08.81
2012 CROSS COUNTRY
Did not compete.
2012 TRACK & FIELD
- Did not compete...Outdoors
- After missing all of the indoor season, Franklin ran the 800m (1:55.37) and 1500m (4:06.77) at the SEC/Big Ten Challenge, placing sixth in the 800...Lowered his 800m mark to 1:52.68 and placed third at the Tennessee Challenge...Third in the Showcase 800m at the Sea Ray Relays in 1:51.72...Ran on UT's 10th-place 4x800m relay (7:33.98) at the Penn Relays...Logged an 800m time of 1:54.60 in the SEC prelims.
2011 CROSS COUNTRY
Did not compete.
2011 TRACK & FIELD
- Carded his second consecutive sixth-place finish in the 800 meters at the SEC Indoor Championships, crossing the line in 1:51.71...Reported in with 1:51 readouts in all four of his 800 races, including a season-best 1:51.61 to take third at the Kentucky Invitational...Won the 1000 meters in 2:26.88 at the Hokie Invitational, charting the No. 5 mark on UT's all-time performers list...Ran on the Vol's sixth-place DMR at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational, helping the unit to a 9:57.70 readout in the championship division...Outdoors
- Saw limited action outdoors...Contributed to Tennessee's seventh-place 4x400m relay unit that clocked in at 3:12.84 at the SEC Championships...Ran 1:51.29 in the SEC 800m prelims but did not advance...Carried the baton on the Vols' runner-up 4x800m quartet and third-place distance medley tandem at the Sea Ray Relays..
2010 CROSS COUNTRY
Did not compete.
2010 TRACK & FIELD
- Recipient of the team's Volunteer Award...Outdoors
- Scored for UT at the SEC Indoor Championships with a sixth-place and season-best clocking of 1:51.22 in the 800m...Also helped UT produce points in the distance medley relay, assisting seventh-place tandem that finished in 10:02.72...A part of the distance medley relay squad that finished seventh at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational with a time of 9:51.06...Notched a seventh-place finish in the 800m at the Texas A&M Challenge with a readout of 1:51.77...Outdoors
- Clocked in at 1:48.55 for UT's best 800m time of the season in the prelims of the SEC Championships and followed up with a 1:48.71 reading for a sixth-place effort...Registered UT's second-best individual mark and a personal-best 1,500m time of 3:52.40 at the Pepsi Florida Relays...Recorded second-place finishes in the 800m at the FSU Relays with a time of 1:51.40 and the Sea Ray Relays with a time of 1:49.36...Part of the 4x800m and distance medley relay teams that placed fifth and sixth, respectively, at the Penn Relays with times of 7:20.63 and 9:39.61.
2009 CROSS COUNTRY
Saw duty in five meets as a sophomore...Finished 72nd overall and ninth on the team at the SEC Championships in 28:01.33...Season-best 8K clocking came at the Greater Louisville Classic, where he was 144th, 10th on the team, in 26:09.10...Best placing on the squad came at the Crimson Classic, where he ran seventh for UT and wound up 34th overall in 26:31.20.
2009 TRACK & FIELD
- Second-Team Outdoor All-SEC...SEC Indoor and Outdoor All-Freshman Teams...Named SEC Freshman Runner of the Week (4/14 & 4/28)...UT Most Valuable Freshman Award...Indoors
- Competed in six 800m races and never finished worse than seventh...Finished third in the finals of the 800m, clocking 1:50.43 at the SEC Indoor Championships to earn SEC All-Freshman Team honors...Posted the fastest time in the prelims of the 800m at the conference meet at 1:49.29...Also scored as a part of the UT distance medley relay, placing fifth at 9:54.82...Placed seventh at the Alex Wilson Invitational in the 800m with a time of 1:49.76...Won the 800m at the Wesley A. Brown Invite, clocking a time of 1:53.25...Placed third with a time of 1:52.73 in the 800m at the Kentucky Invitational...Outdoors
- Qualified as an at-large participant for the NCAA Outdoor Championships in the 800m, placing 20th in the prelims with a clocking of 1:49.19...Battled a leg injury to finish eighth at the NCAA Mideast Regional in 1:54.39...Named second-team All-SEC and to the SEC All-Freshman Team after finishing second in the 800m with a lifetime-best clocking of 1:48.39 at the conference meet...Ran opening leg of eighth-place 4x400m relay at the SEC Outdoor Championships, helping unit to a time of 3:10.86...Helped the Big Orange sprint medley relay to the Championship of America at the Penn Relays, coming from behind on the anchor leg to secure the win...Earned SEC Freshman Runner of the Week Honors for his efforts...Also earned SEC Freshman Runner of the Week Honors after finishing third at the Sea Ray Relays in the 800m with a time of 1:50.05...Ran the anchor leg on Tennessee's third-place distance medley relay in addition to the open 800m...Won the 800m at the season-opening USF Invitational, clocking a time of 1:50.20.
2008 CROSS COUNTRY
Ran only in the 8K SEC Championships for the Vols, placing 58th overall in a time of 25:51.78.
Four-time prep All-American at Tallahassee's Godby High School...Won indoor and outdoor national titles in the 800m...Won state cross country championship in 2008...Captured state titles on the track four times in the 800m and three times in the 1600m...High school team captured state track titles in 2006 and 2008...Holds the Florida state high school record of 4:08.84 in the mile.
Born Sept. 12, 1988...Majoring in sociology...Parents are Joseph Franklin and Ardella Joe...His sisters are Christina, Tess and Sharisse, and brothers Jason and Corrian...Father was an All-American at Auburn in 1979...Recipient of the VJM Sigmon Athletic Scholarship.