| Kianna Ruff
St. Louis, Mo.
RUFF'S NCAA & SEC T&F SCORING
NCAA T&F SCORING
2011 Outdoor 4x400mR 7th, 3:32.15
2012 Indoor 4x400mR 6th, 3:34.13
SEC T&F SCORING
2011 Indoor 4x400mR 5th, 3:36.16
2011 Indoor 800m 6th, 2:08.19
2011 Outdoor 800m 6th, 2:07.97
2011 Outdoor 4x400mR 7th, 3:38.62
2012 Indoor 4x400mR 4th, 3:34.76
2012 Indoor 800m 6th, 2:08.35
2012 Outdoor 4x400mR 3rd, 3:33.85
2012 Outdoor 800m 5th, 2:04.85
2013 Indoor DMR 4th, 11:23.77
2013 Indoor 4x400mR 6th, 3:39.40
Five-time USTFCCCA All-American (four times with 4x400m relay and once with DMR)...Two-time NCAA Scorer...Ten-time SEC scorer...2011 SEC Indoor All-Freshman Team (800m)...2011 USTFCCCA All-Academic Track & Field...2011 and 2012 SEC Academic Honor Roll...Winner of 2011 Lady Vol Indoor & Outdoor Freshman of the Year and Lady Vol Captain's Award.
2013 TRACK & FIELD
- Two-time indoor scorer (wDMR, 4th, 11:23.77; w4x400mR, 6th, 3:39.40)
- Improved her personal best time at the Alex Wilson Invitational, finishing seventh in 2:06.84
- Competed with both relays at the SEC Championships, finishing fourth with the DMR and sixth with the 4x400mR...Also competed in the 800m prelims, finishing in 2:09.46 to place third in her heat
- Ran the Olympic Development 800m at the Tyson Invitational, finishing second after teammate Nijgia Snapp in a personal record 2:07.48
- Competed in the Championship division of the 800m at the Armory Invitational, finishing seventh in a season-best time of 2:08.24...Ran a 3:40.97 4x400 mR and placed 8th
- Was the runner up in the 800m at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge with a time of 2:09.32...Placed 6th in the 4x400mR with a time of 3:50.16...Placed 2nd in the Distance Medley Relay with a time of 11:34.95
- Did some speed work in the 500m at the Virginia Tech Invitational, placing third and earning a personal record time of 1:11.86...With a time of 3:47.27, finished in 4th place in the 4x400mR...With a time of 11:31.37, placed 1st in the Distance Medley Relay
- Kicked off her season at the Kentucky Invitational, competing in the 800m, finishing in 2:11.19 to place third...Finished third in the Distance Medley Relay with a time of 11:37.30
2012 CROSS COUNTRY
Ran in her first Lady Vol cross country meet, finishing the 4K Belmont Opener in a personal best 16:23.50, placing 47th overall and sixth on the team...Earned a new 5K career best at the Crimson Classic, finishing in 19:45.84 to place eighth on the team and 82nd overall.
2012 TRACK & FIELD
- USTFCCCA Outdoor All-America Second Team (4x400mR)... USTFCCCA Indoor All-America First Team (4x400mR) and Second Team (DMR)...SEC Academic Honor Roll member...Indoors
- Ran third leg for UT's sixth-place 4x400m relay at the NCAA Indoor meet, helping that unit to a season-best time of 3:34.13 and USTFCCCA Indoor All-American First Team honors...Garnered second-team acclaim as the 800m leg with the distance medley relay, which was 11th in 11:26.02...Placed fourth at SEC Indoors with UT's 4x400m relay unit (3:34.76), running the third leg...Finished sixth in the SEC Indoor 800 meters for the second year in a row, crossing the line in 2:08.35...Won the Gold Division 800m at the Akron Invitational, logging a lifetime best of 2:07.64...Started the season fifth in the 800m in 2:11.18 at the Kentucky Invitational...Lowered her mark to 2:10.20 to finish seventh at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge...Ran on sixth-place 4x400m relay unit at A&M that clocked in at 3:38.18...Ran the 400m in 55.96 at the Auburn Invitational...Outdoors
- Ran with the 4x400m relay team at the NCAA Outdoor Championships but did not advance beyond the semifinals despite a season-best time of 3:31.57...Competed in the 4x400m relay at the NCAA East Preliminary Round, helping the unit advance to the national meet with a season-best time of 3:33.59 that ranked fourth among the qualifiers...Also ran the 800m at the NCAA East meet, logging a 2:09.29 mark in the first round and not advancing...Lowered her 800m PR to 2:04.85, earning fifth at the SEC Championships...Contributed to the third-place finish of the 4x400m relay team in a time of 3:33.85...Finished second in the 400m in 54.34 and led off UT's winning 4x400m relay (3:41.05) at the UCLA/Washington State Double Dual...Produced a 1500m readout of 4:41.80 and helped the UT 4x400m relay to fourth place (3:44.63) at the SEC/Big Ten Challenge...Charted a then-PR in the 800m at 2:07.11 in a second-place finish at the Tennessee Challenge and led off UT's victorious 4x400m relay tandem (3:45.09)...Improved PR to 2:06.32 to finish fourth in the Showcase 800 meters at the Sea Ray Relays...Anchored UT to victory in the Showcase 4x400m relay in 3:39.37 at that meet as well...Ran on UT's runner-up distance medley relay (11:03.53) and runner-up 4x800m relay (8:27.04) at the 118th Penn Relays.
2011 CROSS COUNTRY
2011 TRACK & FIELD
- USTFCCCA Outdoor All-America First Team (4x400mR)...USTFCCCA Indoor All-America Second Team (4x400mR)...SEC Indoor All-Freshman Team...USTFCCCA All-Academic Track & Field...SEC Academic Honor Roll...Lady Vol Indoor & Outdoor Freshman of the Year...Lady Vol Captain's Award winner...Indoors
- Earned second-team All-America accolades on UT's ninth-place 4x400m relay (3:35.12)...Fifth at SECs with that unit in 3:36.16...Anchored both of those quartets...Finished sixth in the 800m at SEC Indoors in 2:08.19...Notched her indoor PR of 2:08.02 to wind up third at the Texas A&M Challenge...Ran indoor 400m best of 55.85 in prelims at the New Balance Collegiate Invitational...Moved to sixth on UT's all-time performers list in the 600m with a third-place 1:32.77 readout at the Hokie Invitational... Outdoors
- First-team All-American with UT's 4x400m relay, helping that group to seventh at the NCAA meet in 3:32.15...Also on the seventh-place SEC Outdoor unit...Aided Tennessee's third-place 4x800m cause at Penn Relays (8:27.29)...On winning 4x4 and DMR at Sea Ray Relays...Sixth in the 800m at the SEC Outdoor meet in a career-best 2:07.97...Qualified for the NCAA East Preliminary Round but did not advance...Sixth at USA Junior Championships in 2:10.74...Logged 400m outdoor best of 54.79.
2010 CROSS COUNTRY
Redshirted in her first season at UT...Named to 2011 SEC Freshman Academic Honor Roll.
Won the 800m at the 2010 AAU Junior Olympics in a career-best 2:09.46...Also victorious at the AAU Area 10 National Qualifier and AAU Ozark District Qualifier leading up to the national meet...Won 800m and 400m titles at the 2010 Missouri Class 3 State Cha mpionships and had a 400 crown in 2009 as well...Was state runner-up in the 800m in 2008 and 2009, and in the 400m in 2008...Helped MS-BHS win four state team titles during her career...Ran a 5K cross country race as a junior, finishing in 22:00.78...Member of National Honor Society.
Born July 18, 1992, in St. Louis, Mo....Majoring in business...Parents are Kimberly Ruff and Derek Johnson...Has twin siblings, Eric and Erica.