| Martinique Octave
New Orleans, La.
OCTAVE'S NCAA & SEC SCORING
2011 Outdoor 4x400mR: 7th, 3:32.15
2012 Indoor 4x400mR: 6th, 3:34.13
2010 Indoor 4x400mR: 6th, 3:39.79
2010 Outdoor 4x400mR: 5th, 3:36.54
2011 Indoor 4x400mR: 5th, 3:36.16
2011 Outdoor 4x100mR: 6th, 44.73
2011 Outdoor 4x400mR: 7th, 3:38.62
2012 Indoor 4x400mR: 4th, 3:34.76
2012 Outdoor 4x100mR: 5th, 44.79
2012 Outdoor 4x400mR: 3rd, 3:33.85
2013 Indoor 4x400mR: 6th, 3:39.40
Five-time USTFCCCA All-American and two-time NCAA scorer...2011 Honorable Mention All-American with 4x100mR...Nine-time SEC relay scorer...2012 Penn Relays sprint medley relay champion...Three-time member of SEC Academic Honor Roll...2011 USTFCCCA All-Academic.
2013 TRACK & FIELD
- SEC indoor scorer (w4x400mR, 6th, 3:39.40)
Scored with the 4x400mR at the SEC Championships, finishing sixth in 3:39.40...Also won her heat of the 400m prelims, but failed to advance to the final with a time of 55.40
- Competed in the 200m at the Tyson Invitational, finishing in a season-best 24.64 to place 40th...Finished fourth in her preliminary heat in the 60m in a season-best 7.63...Placed 8th in the 4x400mR with a final time of 3:43.74b
- Finished 39th in the Championship division of the 60m at the Armory Invitational in 7.66...Wound up 31st in the Championship 200m in 24.88...Finished 7th in the 4x400mR with a time of 3:40.97b
- Finished sixth in her 60m preliminary heat in 7.70...Ran the 200m in 24.74 to place 11th
- Placed 6th in the 4x400mR at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge with a time of 3:50.16b
- Earned a spot in the 60m final at the Virginia Tech Invitational with a preliminary time of 7.69...Finished seventh in the final in 7.73...Ran the 400m in 56.49 to place fourth...Placed fourth in the 4x400mR with a time of 3:47.27
- Ran in the preliminary round of the 60m at the Kentucky Invitational, finishing in 7.68 to place 11th...Finished the 200m in 24.91 to place ninth
2012 TRACK & FIELD
- USTFCCCA Outdoor All-America Second Team (4x100mR, 4x400mR)...USTFCCCA Indoor All-America First Team 4x400m relay)...Named SEC Outdoor Runner of the Week with UT's sprint medley relay on May 1...Named to SEC Academic Honor Roll...Indoors
- Ran anchor leg for UT's sixth-place 4x400m relay at the NCAA Indoor meet, helping that unit to a season-best time of 3:34.13 and USTFCCCA Indoor All-American First Team honors...Anchored Tennessee to a then-season-best readout of 3:34.76 in the 4x400m relay at the SEC Indoor Championships...Finished ninth in 56.53 in the 400m at the Kentucky Invitational...Seventh at the Texas A&M Mondo Challenge in 56.65...Logged 200m season best of 24.53 to wind up 14th at the Auburn Invitational...Also ran on fourth-place 4x400m relay unit (3:42.54) at that meet...Outdoors
- Ran on both the 4x100m and 4x400m relay teams at the NCAA Championships...Both units turned season-best times of 44.26 and 3:31.57, respectively, but were unable to advance beyond the semifinals in either event...Contributed to a pair of relays advancing to the NCAA Championships with season-best times at the NCAA East Preliminary Round...She helped the 4x100m unit finish sixth of the qualifiers in 44.29 and anchored the 4x400m team to a finish of 3:33.59, which ranked fourth of the qualifying squads...Was a key element of UT's relay teams at SEC Outdoor Championships, anchoring the 4x400m group to a finish of third in 3:33.85 and helping the 4x100m team finish fifth in a time of 44.79...Produced a season-best 23.95 in the 200m to win the open race at the Sea Ray Relays...Added a third-place showing of 54.92 to take third in the Showcase 400m...Ran 24.08 to place second in the 200m, notched a 12.06 100m PR and ran on UT's winning 4x100m relay (44.75) at the Tennessee Challenge...Placed fourth in the 200m (24.18) and ran the third leg of UT's winning 4x100m relay (44.78)...Placed second in the 200m (24.17), was third in the 400m (career-best 54.38) and ran on UT's victorious 4x100m (meet-record 44.44) and 4x400m (3:41.05) relays at the UCLA/Washington State Double Dual...Ran the second 200m leg for UT's victorious sprint medley relay (3:43.79) at the Penn Relays.
2011 TRACK & FIELD
- 2011 USTFCCCA Outdoor All-America First Team (4x400mR)...2011 USTFCCCA Indoor All-America Second Team (4x400mR)...2011 USTFCCCA Outdoor Honorable Mention All-American (4x100mR)...USTFCCCA All-Academic...Named to SEC Academic Honor Roll...Indoors
- Ran on sixth-place SEC Indoor 4x400m relay unit (3:36.16)...That tandem finished ninth at NCAA Indoors in 3:35.12 to earn second-team All-America distinction...Ran a career-best 400m time of 55.12 to win her heat in the SEC prelims but did not advance to the final...Won the 400 at the Penn State National, hitting the tape at 55.68...Ran a career-best 200m readout of 24.41 to finish fifth at the Kentucky Invitational...Lowered her 60m PR to 7.54 in the prelims at Penn State...Outdoors
- First-team All-American with UT's 4x400m relay unit, which placed seventh in a season-best 3:32.15...Honorable mention All-American with 4x100m (20th, 44.78)...Helped UT place sixth at SECs in 4x100m (44.73) and seventh on 4x4 (3:38.62)...Ran back-to-back 400m career-bests of 54.54 at the UT-UCLA Dual and Sea Ray Relays to place second and fourth, respectively...Won 200m at UT-UCLA Dual in a then-PR of 24.17...Ran career-best of 23.67 in 200m prelims at SEC meet but did not advance...Ran a wind-aided 11.82 in the 100m at Vanderbilt Invitational.
2010 TRACK & FIELD
- Named to SEC Academic Honor Roll...Indoors
- Anchored UT to a sixth-place time of 3:39.79 in the 4x400m relay at the SEC Indoor Championships...Posted career bests in the 200 (24.71) and 400 (56.90) at the league meet...Won her heat in the 200 and was second in her heat of the 400 prelims, but she did not advance to the finals...Ran 60m PR of 7.86 at Texas A&M Challenge...Outdoors
- Ran opening leg as UT finished fifth at SECs in the 4x400m relay (3:36.54)...Competed in the preliminary round of the NCAA Championships after running the third leg for UT's season-best 3:33.69 effort at the NCAA East Preliminary Round...Handled baton third all season for UT's 4x1 unit...That tandem was fifth in the college division of the Penn Relays (45.45) and ninth at SECs (46.39)...Notched PRs in the 200 (24.32) and 400 (55.20) at SEC Outdoors but did not advance...Ran a wind-aided 24.02 to win the 200 at Tennessee Invitational...Qualified for the USA Junior Championships, placing 16th in the 200 (24.75) and 29th in the 400 (57.89).
Took classes in 2009 fall semester at Tulane University but did not participate in athletics.
Was 2008 Louisiana High School Athletic Association state runner-up in 200 meters...PRs include 7.60 (55m), 12.35 (100m), 24.57 (200m) and 57.54 (400m)...Member of National Honor Society and Mu Phi Alpha.
Born Nov. 8, 1991, in New Orleans, La....Majoring in anthropology...Mother is Valencia Octave...Siblings include Valond and Martez...Recipient of the Fred R. & Faye T. Langley Scholarship Endowment.