Jan. 10, 2013
Jan. 11-12, 2013 | All Day
Nutter Field House | Lexington, Ky.
- The University of Tennessee track & field team will open its indoor campaign at the Kentucky Invitational for the seventh-consecutive season, as the Vols and Lady Vols compete on Friday and Saturday in Lexington, Ky., on UK's oversized 300-meter oval at Nutter Field House.
- Expected to be on hand for the meet are Eastern Kentucky, Florida A&M, Kentucky, Kentucky State, Louisville, Marshall (women), Memphis, Miami (Fla.), Middle Tennessee State, Tennessee, 11th-ranked UCF (women) and Vanderbilt (women).
- The Big Orange produced five event wins, including four on the final day, at last season's UK Invitational. UT was led by returners Chase Brannon, Matthew Hoty and Nijgia Snapp at the meet.
- Brannon sailed over the bar at a height of 17 feet 7 1/2-inches to win the pole vault, while fellow Vol Matthew Hoty broke a 44-year old freshman shot put record with a toss of 58-7 1/2 to take the title.
- Snapp - a three-time indoor All-American - cruised to the 800-meter crown with a readout of 2:08.55.
RETURNING INDOOR ALL-AMERICANS