March 20, 2014
- The University of Tennessee track & field team will open its outdoor campaign at the Alabama Relay. The Vols and Lady Vols compete on Friday and Saturday in Tuscaloosa, Alabama at the Sam Bailey Track & Field Complex.
- Participating teams include: Alabama, Alabama A&M, Alabama-Birmingham, Alabama-Huntsville, Belhaven, Belmont, Cincinnati, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Louisville, McKendree, Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi State, Morehouse, Music City Mavericks TC, New Balance TC, Rust, Samford, Southeast Louisiana, Southeastern Missouri State, Shorter, South Alabama, Southern Mississippi, Stephen F. Austin State, Team Cleare TC, Tennessee, Tennessee-Chattanooga, Tennessee State, Troy, Tulane, Vanderbilt
- Tennessee has four newcomers looking to begin their careers with early success. Jerimy Strainge is the lone freshman for the Vols this season, coming to UT from Delray Beach, Fla. Coming of his rookie indoor season, he looks to become a key comtributor for the Big Orange going forward.
- On the women's side, Felecia Majors of Lorton, Va., attained various accolades during her collegiate indoor debut including SEC All-Freshman honors and competing in the NCAA Championships. Brielyn Rogers from Upper Malboro, Md., debuted in the 60mH and triple jump during the indoor season. Emily Willaims, of Bristol, Tenn., rounds out the freshmen for the Lady Vols. Williams offered immediate impact in the mile, 3000m, and relays during indoor competition.
RETURNING OUTDOOR ALL-AMERICANS
- Felicia Brown: Women's 400m (Second Team)
- Tyler Porter: Men's Pole Vault (First Team)
- Jake Blankenship: Men's Pole Vault (Second Team)
- Chase Brannon: Men's Pole Vault (Second Team)
- Kyle Quinn: Men's Javelin (Second Team)
- Tavis Bailey: Men's Discus (Honorable Mention)
- Jarael Nelvis, Reggie Juin, Jamol James: Men's 4X100m Relay (Honorable Mention)