April 17, 2014
Baton Rouge, La.
- Tennessee track travels to Baton Rouge to participate in the the 2014 LSU Alumni Gold Meet this weekend.
- This one day event will showcase some of the top talent from across the nation, while also serving as a great indicator in preparation for post-season action.
- UT's Kyle Quinn enters the weekend coming off a record setting performance at the Tennessee Relays that earned him SEC Co-Field Athlete of the Week recognition.
- Big Orange throwers are set to compete at the Mt. SAC Relays in Walnut, California.
- Known for exceptional competition, some of the best field athletes attend this meet annually to refine their craft heading into the closing portion of the outdoor season.
- Felecia Majors looks to continue her role as a key contributor for the Big Orange coming off recieving SEC Freshman of the Week honors for her performance at the Tennessee Relays.
RETURNING OUTDOOR ALL-AMERICANS
- Felicia Brown: Women's 400m (Second Team)
- Tyler Porter: Men's Pole Vault (First Team)
- Jake Blankenship: Men's Pole Vault (Second Team)
- Chase Brannon: Men's Pole Vault (Second Team)
- Kyle Quinn: Men's Javelin (Second Team)
- Tavis Bailey: Men's Discus (Honorable Mention)
- Jarael Nelvis, Reggie Juin, Jamol James: Men's 4X100m Relay (Honorable Mention)
TENNESSEE SEASON TOTALS
- 13 EVENT WINS | 50 ATHLETE PERSONAL BESTS | 106 TOP-TEN FINISHES