April 23, 2014
- Tennessee track and field ventures to Philadelphia for the 2014 Penn Relays this weekend. This meet has consistently proven beneficial for the Big Orange as an indicator heading into post-season competition.
- All five Big Orange vaulters placed third or better at last year's Penn Relays. Returning athletes Linda Hadfield and Erin Champion are tied for 35th nationally while Chase Brannon is 68th nationally in men's competition this season.
- UT relay teams performed exceptionally well with five of the six units finishing in the top ten of their event. The group of Brittany Jackson, Amirah Johnson, Alexis Panisse, and Kianna Ruff currently hold the top 4x800 relay time in the nation going into the weekend.
- Tennessee looks to defend the championship pole vault title, won last year by Jake Blankenship. Collectively Tennessee attained 17 top ten finishes at the 2013 Penn Relays. This year's group looks to duplicate that success as only two meets relay before the SEC Outdoor Championships in Lexington on May 14-17.
RETURNING OUTDOOR ALL-AMERICANS
- Felicia Brown: Women's 400m (Second Team)
- Tyler Porter: Men's Pole Vault (First Team)
- Jake Blankenship: Men's Pole Vault (Second Team)
- Chase Brannon: Men's Pole Vault (Second Team)
- Kyle Quinn: Men's Javelin (Second Team)
- Tavis Bailey: Men's Discus (Honorable Mention)
- Jarael Nelvis, Reggie Juin, Jamol James: Men's 4X100m Relay (Honorable Mention)
TENNESSEE SEASON TOTALS
- 19 EVENT WINS | 58 ATHLETE PERSONAL BESTS | 141 TOP-TEN FINISHES