2017 - FRESHMAN
- Appeared in 20 games, including four starts, for the Volunteers as a freshman, collecting two hits with three RBIs while scoring four runs on the year.
- Drove a sacrifice fly to center field in the 11th inning to lift Tennessee past Morehead State, 4-3 (May 16).
- Went 1-for-3 with one RBI in his first career start at second base for the Vols at ETSU (April 11).
- Entered UT's Saturday and Sunday contests vs. Georgia as a pinch-hitter and defensive substitution at third base (April 1-2).
- Hit his first collegiate double at Mississippi State in a 1-for-2 effort. He also scored two of Tennessee's four runs in the game (March 25).
- Made his second start of the season as UT's designated hitter in the series finale vs. South Carolina (March 19), as part of the Vols' SEC Opener.
- Drew his first career start for the Big Orange at third base on March 5 vs. Norfolk State, going 0-for-4 with one run scored in the 5-4 walkoff win in Knoxville.
- Made his first appearance for Tennessee as a pinch-runner vs. Memphis on Feb. 18
- Graduated from Florida Christian in Florida.
- Led Florida Christian to two District Championships (2014, 2016) and a 20-8 record in both seasons.
- As a junior; he hit .400, collected 14 RBI and stole 8 bases.
- Named to the Florida All-Region Second Team as a junior.
- Selected to the All-Tournament Team by PG over five times.
- Named Rawlings-Perfect Game Honorable Mention All-American in 2016.
- Ranked as the No. 14 shortstop and 85th overall player in the state of Florida. He was also tabbed the 82nd shortstop and 484th overall player in the USA by Perfect Game in 2016.
- Full name is Brandon Joseph Chinea
- Born September 15, 1997
- Son of Carlos and Maria Chinea
- Has two siblings, Christopher and Daniel
- Brother Chris Chinea was an All-American catcher for LSU and was drafted by St. Louis in the 17th round of the 2015 Major League Draft
- Majoring in Sport Management
- Recipient of the J Steven Maples Endowment Fund