- Named to 2014 Gregg Olson Award Watch List-"Breakout Player of the Year"
- Named to 2014 NCBWA Stopper of the Year Award Watch List
2016 - SENIOR
- Appeared in 22 games for the Vols in 2016, going 3-6 with a 6.72 ERA, three saves and 66 strikeouts through 68.1 innings of work.
- With his relief appearance on May 13 vs. LSU, he passed VFL Craig Cobb's 85 appearances from 2004-07 to set a new Tennessee Baseball record for most career appearances with 86 (2013-16). Cox went on to tally five more appearances, including his 27th career start (May 21), to extend the record to 91 games.
- Pitched 4.1 innings in his eighth start of the season on May 21 versus Georgia, helping the Vols earn their third consecutive trip to the SEC Tournament with six strikeouts.
- Threw 1.0 scoreless inning during the Vols' 11-2 route of ETSU on May 17.
- Earned his third save of the season after throwing 2.0 scoreless innings and striking out two batters versus Belmont on May 10.
- Tossed 3.2 innings of scoreless relief to pick up his third win of the season vs. #1 Florida (May 7).
- Picked up his second save in as many days, striking out two batters through 1.1 innings in the series finale vs. #4 Vanderbilt (April 24).
- Dominated on the mound vs. #4 Vanderbilt, pitching 4.0 hitless innings of relief and capturing his first save of the season (April 23).
- Pitched 6.1 innings in a start vs. #6 South Carolina, striking out six and allowing three runs (April 10).
- Notched his 200th career strikeout in series finale vs. #6 South Carolina (April 10)
- Threw 7.1 innings in a start vs. #12 Kentucky, receiving the loss after allowing five runs and striking out four (April 3).
- Fanned five batters through five innings pitched, giving up four earned runs at #22 Alabama (March 26)
- Tossed 6.0 innings and struck out a season-high seven batters while giving up three runs on five hits vs. #8 Ole Miss (March 19).
- Tied a single-game career high with 6.2 innings pitched in relief vs. UC Irvine, helping Tennessee to a 14-4 win on Rocky Top (March 12).
- Worked 3.1 innings while allowing seven runs on six hits in his Keith LeClair Classic Friday night start vs. Maryland and was tagged with the loss, his first of the year (March 4).
- Struck out five batters over 3.1 innings in his second start of the season at Grand Canyon (Feb. 26)
- Made his first start of the season, allowing one run on three hits and tallying four strikeouts over 4.0 innings to pick up the win vs. Memphis (Feb. 19.)
2015 - JUNIOR
- Appeared in 21 games for the Vols in 2015, going 3-3 with a 3.36 ERA, three saves and 63 strikeouts through 67.0 innings of work.
- Recorded 63 strikeouts in 67.0 innings, second-most on the Vols' staff behind senior Bret Marks (89).
- Tossed 2.2 innings allowing one run on two hits and recorded two strikeouts during his 2015 debut at Florida International (Feb. 15).
- Charged with the loss after allowing one unearned run on four hits and one strikeout over 2.0 innings pitched at UC Irvine (Feb. 27).
- Pitched 1.1 innings with four strikeouts in the win against Grand Canyon, notching his first save of the season (March 06).
- Recorded his second save of 2015 after throwing four strikeouts in 3.0 innings of UT's series finale win against Grand Canyon (March 08).
- Tallied seven strikeouts along with a walk and two hits in 3.2 innings in the Vols 9-5 win at Vanderbilt (March 28).
- Notched his third save of the season after tossing 3.2 innings and one strikeout, allowing one run on two hits and one walk in Tennessee's 6-3 win against Ole Miss (April 04).
- Earned his first win in his first start of the season on April 9, recording eight strikeouts and allowing two runs on six hits in Tennessee's 5-2 win over Missouri.
- Pitched 7.0 innings in his second start of the year, punching six strikeouts and allowing five runs on eight hits at Kentucky (April 16).
- Charged with his third loss after pitching 5.2 innings, striking out six and allowing three runs on five hits in the series opener vs. South Carolina (April 24).
- Earned his second win of the season after recording six strikeouts in 7.0 innings during the series opener at Arkansas (May 8).
- Registered his third win after recording six strikeouts in 7.0 innings against Mississippi State (May 14).
- Received a no-decision after tossing 3.0 innings vs. Arkansas in the SEC Tournament (May 19), allowing one hit while striking out four batters in the outing.
2014 - SOPHOMORE
- Made 27 appearances, including six starts, collecting a 5-1 record with a 2.44 ERA and two saves through 77.1 innings of work.
- Led the Volunteer pitching staff with 70 strikeouts on the season, while his 27 appearances were also tops among club pitchers. Cox's five wins also tied for most on the team with senior Nick Williams (5-5).
- Posted a team-best 2.44 ERA (21ER/77.1IP), which led Vol starting pitchers in 2014.
- Got the starting nod against Appalachian State (Feb. 19), tossing 4.0 innings on a pitch count and allowing just two hits to earn the win.
- Tossed 5.1 innings of no-hit ball out of the bullpen, striking out a career-best five against No. 29 UNLV on Feb. 22.
- Appeared in seven consecutive games from March 4-March 11, allowing only one run through 7.0 innings.
- Tossed 6.2 shutout innings out of the bullpen, striking out a career-best eight against Quinnipiac on March 3.
- Recorded his first save of the 2014 campaign on March 9 at Arizona State, tossing 2.0 shutout innings on just seven pitches.
- Recorded his second save only two days later on March 11 at MTSU, closing out the bottom of the ninth with three strikeouts..
- Tossed 3.1 shutout innings, while recording two strikeouts, to pick up his third win of the season in the first game of the doubleheader at Missouri (March 15).
- Threw 5.1 innings in two games against Vanderbilt (April 4&6) allowing one unearned run and one hit, while striking out five.
- Carried a no-hitter through 7.0 innings while fanning seven batters to lead the Vols to a 5-1 win over Kentucky (May 3).
- Recorded a career-high nine strikeouts in his start at Mississippi State (May 11), allowing three runs on four hits over 6.0 innings pitched.
2013 - FRESHMAN
- Tied for a team-high 21 appearances, including six starts, going 2-2 with a 5.29 ERA over 47.2 innings pitched.
- Finished his first year at Rocky Top with a .288 opponent batting average and 31 strikeouts.
- Picked up the win in his collegiate debut, allowing two earned runs over four innings as the Vols beat UNLV, 8-3, in a seven-inning game on Feb. 16.
- Struck out a season-high four against Arizona State (Feb. 24).
- Fired 4.0 shutout innings, allowing just four hits, as UT defeated Western Kentucky, 5-4, in extra innings on March 13.
- Recorded his first save after going 2.1 innings, giving up no runs or hits while striking out three as the Vols defeated Virginia Tech, 5-4, on Apr. 16.
- Allowed just two hits and struck out one in 3.0 innings of scoreless relief against Georgia on May 3.
- Followed with a shutout inning in the Vols' 12-3 win over Arkansas State on May 8.
- Pitched for the Saratoga Brigade in the New England Collegiate Baseball League over the summer, finishing with a 1-1 record and 11 strikeouts.
- Graduated from Saint Benedict at Auburndale High School where he was coached by Steve Hines.
- Named to the 2012 Rawlings Southeast Region Team.
- Also tabbed a 2011 Underclass Honorable Mention All-American by Perfect Game.
- Was selected as SBA's team captain and top pitcher as a senior in 2012.
- Was 5-2 on the mound as a senior en route to earning 2012 All-Metro Team honors from the Memphis Commercial Appeal.
- As a junior, went 4-2 with a 2.34 ERA and 44 strikeouts in 46 innings pitched.
- Listed as a Top 1000 recruit and the 16th-best prospect in Tennessee by Perfect Game.
- Full name is Joseph Andrew Cox
- Born Oct. 23, 1993
- Son of Jeff and Lisa Cox
- Has one sibling, Aaron
- Majoring in Sport Management
- Recipient of the Charles A. Carpenter Family Athletic Scholarship