Career stats loading...
2015 - SOPHOMORE
- Martin appeared in 14 games for the Vols in 2015, going 1-3 with a 5.35 ERA, one save and 29 strikeouts through 35.1 innings of work.
- Tossed 1.1 innings against Arkansas, allowing three runs on five hits for his third loss of the season (May 10).
- Charged with his second loss after pitching 4.2 innings against Texas A&M, allowing four runs on four hits and striking out six (May 2).
- Allowed one run on one hit in 0.2 inning in the series opener against South Carolina on April 24.
- Pitched 1.2 innings at Kentucky, allowing one hit and striking out two (April 18).
- Registered three strikeouts in 2.2 innings at Middle Tennessee State on April 14.
- Tallied five strikeouts, two runs on three hits and three walks in 3.1 innings of work against Missouri (April 10).
- Struck out three batters and allowed three runs on five hits and two walks in 4.0 innings at Arkansas State (April 1).
- Charged his first loss after pitching 0.1 inning and giving up six runs on three hits and one walk at Vanderbilt (March 29).
- Threw 4.1 innings, striking out three and allowing one run on two hits and two walks, versus Georgia on March 22.
- Tossed 1.2 innings at Florida, giving up one run on three hits and one walk (March 15).
- Pitched 5.0 innings in his longest outing of the season, striking out one batter and allowing one run on three hits and two walks against East Tennessee State (March 10).
- Picked up the win by firing 1.2 shutout innings during a 12-10 victory over UC Irvine (Feb. 28).
- Recorded a save in his first appearance of the 2015 campaign, tossing 3.0 innings while allowing one earned run on five hits and striking out four at Florida International (Feb. 14).
2014 - FRESHMAN
- Made 14 appearances, including 12 starts, going 4-4 with 3.25 ERA through 63.2 innings of work.
- His 12 starts marked the second-most by a Vol in 2014, only behind senior Nick Williams (13 starts), while his 63.2 innings pitched were third-most among Vol pitchers.
- Allowed just one hit and struck out two over 3.0 innings in the Vols' season opener against Purdue (Feb. 16).
- Earned his first collegiate win, throwing 3.0 shutout innings allowing only three hits and striking out four against La Salle (March 4).
- Tossed 2.2 shutout innings, earning his second win, at Arizona State (March 8).
- Boasting an impressive 0.73 ERA through 12.1 innings of work, he gave up the first run of his collegiate career at Missouri (March 15) while receiving a no decision.
- Was charged with his first loss as a Vol against Auburn (March 22) tossing 6.0 innings while allowing only one earned run and striking out two.
- Allowed only one earned run through 5.1 innings while receiving a no decision at South Carolina (March 29).
- Recorded his third win of the season while throwing 2.1 shutout innings during a 6-3 win at LSU (April 26).
- Recorded a career-best eight strikeouts on May 1 against Kentucky, despite allowing seven runs (one earned) over 6.0 innings of work in the Vols' 15-1 loss.
- Picked up the win on May 9 at Mississippi State, allowing two runs on six hits in 6.1 innings with five punchouts.
- Received no-decision in his final regular season start following his 7.0 innings of work against Florida (May 15), giving up four runs on seven hits before the club's 6-5 loss in extra innings.
- Threw 3.0 innings and surrendered three runs (two earned) on six hits against Vanderbilt in the SEC Tournament (Hoover, Ala.).
- Four-year letterwinner at Blackman High School in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Ranked by Perfect Game as the No. 6 overall product in the state of Tennessee and the 161st-best nationally.
- Tabbed the 46th-best right-handed pitcher in the country by Perfect Game.
- Earned Rawlings Southeast Regional First Team All-America honors as a senior.
- Perfect Game Underclass All-American Honorable Mention as a junior.
- The Blaze's ace had a 1.54 ERA with 60 strikeouts in 68 innings pitched in 2013.
- Went 17-4 with 165 strikeouts in his first three years at Blackman.
- Lowered his ERA to a 1.31 as a junior and was named all-district and all-Mid State.
- Third Blackman player to sign with a SEC team over the last two years following Mississippi State's Ross Mitchell and Zander Wiel of Vanderbilt.
- Full name is Hunter Douglas Martin
- Born Dec. 14, 1994
- Son of Keith and Lisa Martin
- Has two siblings, Casey and Scout
- Majoring in Communications
- Recipient of the Caleb Kelley Athletic Endowed Scholarship and the Harrison Construction Athletic Endowment