Career stats loading...
2016 - SENIOR
- Earned one win with the Westhampton Aviators over the summer. Jackson appeared in 11 games and tossed 18.2 innings, collecting a 5.30 ERA in the regular season. He delivered nine strikeouts, walked 14 batters and allowed 11 earned runs on 19 hits. Jackson pitched in three post-season games. He registered four strikeouts, one walk and allowed one run on five hits. Through 3.1 innings of work, he recorded a 2.70 post-season ERA.
2015 - JUNIOR
- Jackson appeared in 23 games for the Vols in 2015, hitting .321 with three doubles, one triple, seven RBIs and 12 runs scored.
- Recorded two RBIs and scored one run while going 1-for-5 against Vanderbilt (March 28).
- Had one RBI in the series finale versus Georgia (March 22).
- Went 1-for-4 against Georgia, scoring once (March 21).
- Knocked his first triple of the season against Austin Peay (March 17).
- Batted a run in while going 2-for-4 in the final game in Gainesville, Fla. against the Gators (March 15).
- Stole base three times and scored three runs on two hits and two walks versus Morehead State (March 11).
- Hit a double and scored once against East Tennessee State on March 10.
- Scored once in the series finale against Grand Canyon while going 2-for-4 at the plate and stealing base twice (March 8).
- Went 4-for-8 with two runs scored during the series at UC Irvine (Feb. 27-28).
- Went 2-for-4 during a 4-1 victory at Belmont (Feb. 25).
- Posted his first multi-hit effort of the season going 3-for-4 with the tie-breaking RBI in the 9th against Lipscomb (Feb. 20).
- Went 3-for-8 with a double and two RBIs during the season opening series at Florida International (Feb. 13-15).
2014 - SOPHOMORE
- Played in 49 games for the Vols, making 38 starts in center field and four in right field.
- Finished his second season on Rocky Top hitting .234 with six doubles, one triple, two home runs, 21 runs scored and 27 RBIs.
- Maintained a .990 fielding percentage in the outfield and was 7-for-11 in stolen base attempts.
- Went 53 at bats before tallying his first strikeout of the season at Missouri (March 15)
- Drew his seventh walk of the season on Feb. 22, six games in, to exceed last season's total of six walks on.
- Went 4-for-10 (.400) with one triple, two runs scored, and five RBIs in the series against Quinnipiac (Feb. 28-March 2).
- Went 3-for-5 with two doubles, one run scored and three RBIs including a walk-off double (April 20) in two games against Alabama (April 18-20).
- Roped his first home run of the season during a 1-for-4 effort at ETSU (April 22).
- Crushed a pinch-hit home run in the top of the ninth to give the Vols two insurance runs during a 6-3 win at LSU (April 26).
- Went 3-for-8 (.375) with two runs scored, a home run and three RBIs in the series at Louisiana State University (April 25-27).
- Recorded a seven-game hitting streak (April 12-27) in which he is hitting 8-for-21 (.381) with two doubles, two home runs, five runs scored, one walk and eight RBIs.
- Went 2-for-4 with one RBI in the final home game of the regular season against Florida (May 17).
- Ended the regular season with a five-game hitting streak, going 6-for-22 (.273) with one RBI from May 11-17.
- Drove in one run and went 1-for-4 with one run scored against Vanderbilt in the first round of the SEC Tournament in Hoover, Ala.
- Played in 33 games with the Cape Cod League Champion Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox over the summer, hitting .244 with one homer and eight RBIs.
2013 - FRESHMAN
- Earned 2013 SEC All-Freshman Team honors.
- Appeared in 43 games, starting 31 games in the outfield and seven games as the designated hitter.
- Finished his freshman season hitting .290 with two home runs and 24 RBIs.
- Led the Vols in doubles (8) and slugging percentage (.484) during SEC play.
- Made his collegiate debut at the plate as a pinch hitter at UNLV on Feb. 15.
- Made his collegiate debut on the mound in Las Vegas as well, suffering a loss after allowing one run on a hit and two walks on Feb. 17.
- Recorded his first collegiate hit with a single against No. 20 Arizona State on Feb. 22.
- Had a four-game hitting streak from February 26-March 9 in which he hit .438 (7-for-16) with a double and four RBIs.
- Recorded his first SEC hit, going 2-for-3 at Alabama on March 17.
- Hit first collegiate home run against Missouri on March 23, going 4-for-4 with two RBIs in the contest.
- Launched his second long ball against Arkansas on May 10.
- Graduated from Luella High School where he was coached by Andy Cooper.
- Selected by the New York Yankees in the 23rd round (727 overall) of the 2012 MLB First-Year Player Draft.
- Ranked as the 78th-best prospect in the 2012 class by Baseball America.
- Tabbed as the 36th best outfielder in the 2012 MLB draft by BaseballDraftReport.com.
- Listed as the 101st-best prospect in the nation and eighth-best player in Georgia by Perfect Game.
- Also earned a 10.0 rating from PG.
- Named a 2012 Rawlings Second Team All-American and to the 2012 Rawlings All-Southeast Region Team.
- Earned 2011 Perfect Game Underclass First Team All-American accolades.
- Named to the 2011 New Balance All-Area Code Games Team.
- Hit .360 with five home runs, 33 RBIs and only struck out once during his senior campaign.
- Also went 4-1 with 55 strikeouts and a 2.38 ERA in 35.1 innings on the mound.
- Led Luella to the Class AAAAA quarterfinals in 2010 and 2011 and the second round of the state tournament in 2012.
- As a junior, he hit .424 with 25 RBIs and was 6-4 on the mound with an average of 10.38 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Full name is Vincent Keith Jackson
- Born February 4, 1994
- Son of Vincent and Francean Jackson
- Has one sibling, Jordan
- Majoring in Sociology
- Recipient of the BB&T Athletic Scholarship Endowment and the Carroll/Diane Sasser Endowment