2017 - REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE
- Made seven relief appearances for the Vols during the 2017 season, recording a 4.15 ERA and four strikeouts through 4.1 innings of work.
- Made his first appearance since April 15 vs. Auburn in the series opener at Kentucky (May 12). He allowed one run on one hit through 0.2 inning pitched.
- Tossed 1.0 shutout inning and a strikeout at ETSU on April 11.
- Combined for 1.1 scoreless innings of relief and two strikeouts in two SEC appearances (March 25 at Mississippi State and April 1 vs. Georgia).
- Threw one shutout inning against South Carolina in the series finale on Sunday, March 19.
- Witnessed his first action on the mound since the 2015 season on Wednesday, March 15 vs. Austin Peay, striking out his one batter faced in his return from Tommy John surgery (missed all of 2016).
2016 - REDSHIRT SEASON
- Missed the entire 2016 season due to right elbow surgery (Tommy John surgery).
2015 - FRESHMAN
- Appeared in 12 games for the Vols during his freshman campaign, going 1-1 with a 3.79 ERA and 13 strikeouts through 19.0 innings of work.
- In his first appearance as a Vol, he tossed 1.0 perfect inning of relief at Belmont (Feb. 25).
- Charged with his first lost vs. Morehead State after allowing two runs on two hits with one strikeout in 1.0 inning (March 11).
- Threw 2.0 innings at Florida, allowing one hit while granting one walk (March 15).
- Pitched 1.1 innings vs. Vanderbilt, allowing two runs on four hits with one strikeout (March 29).
- Allowed one hit in 1.0 relief inning in the first game of the series at Kentucky (April 16).
- Earned his first win of the season after throwing four strikeouts and allowing three runs on four hits in 3.2 innings of relief in Tennessee's 14-7 victory at ETSU (April 21).
- Struck out two batters and allowed one hit in 2.2 innings in the series opener against South Carolina (April 24).
- Delivered one strikeout in 2.0 no-hit innings in the series finale against South Carolina on April 26.
- Tossed 2.1 innings vs. Texas A&M in the series finale, striking out three and giving up just one hit (May 3).
- Listed as the No. 3 right-hander and the No. 4 overall prospect in the state of Iowa by Perfect Game. Also ranked No. 187 in the nation by Perfect Game during his senior season.
- Was a four-year letterman at Sioux City East High School, earning Underclass All-American and First Team All-District honors all four years.
- Selected as an All-State player during his junior and senior campaigns.
- Led the Black Raiders to the state playoffs, finishing as the state runner-up in 2013.
- Hit .388 with 34 RBI, 39 strikeouts, four stolen bases and three homers while playing shortstop for the Black Raiders in 2013.
- Named First Team All-District as a sophomore after hitting .295 with 32 RBI, seven stolen bases and one home run.
- Held a 7-4 all-time record on the mound entering his senior season, with a fastball clocked at 91 mph.
- Was one of only three Iowans invited to the Perfect Game National Showcase, the most prestigious showcase event in amateur baseball, in 2013.
- Played travel ball with multiple teams, including Chandler Baseball at the 2013 World Wood Bat Association World Championships.
- Full name is Jacob Daniel Westphal
- Born June 19, 1996
- Son of Stormie and Daniel Westphal
- Has one sibling, Rilee
- Majoring in Sport Management
- Recipient of the Thomas & Linda Hodgkiss Athletic Endowment