2017 - FRESHMAN
- Hit 1-for-3 with a walk and one run scored in the Vols' midweek matchup vs. MTSU (April 4), making his first career start at the leadoff spot in the lineup for UT.
- Appeared in the second game at Mississippi State, going 1-for-2 with one run scored (March 25).
- Went 2-for-4 in UT's SEC Opener vs. South Carolina (March 17).
- Started two of three games in left field for the Vols' series vs. Cincinnati (March 10-12), going 3-for-7 (.429) with one RBI and one stolen base.
- Went 3-for-6 in UT's series finale vs. Norfolk State, his first career multi-hit game for the Volunteers.
- Recorded his first collegiate hit on Feb. 24 at San Diego, as part of a Tennessee doubleheader in the 2017 Tony Gwynn Classic.
- Made collegiate debut on Feb. 18, starting left field for the Volunteers against the Memphis Tigers.
- Graduated from Lake Brantley in Florida.
- Led Lake Brantley to back-to-back District Championships (2015, 2016) and a 20-5 record as a senior.
- As a junior; he hit .320, scored 20 runs, collected nine RBI and stole 17 bases.
- Named First Team All-SAC in 2016.
- Selected Second Team All-SAC in 2015.
- Named District Player of the Year in 2015.
- Ranked as the No. 28 second baseman and 202nd overall player in the state of Florida. He was also tabbed the 224th second baseman in the USA by Perfect Game in 2016.
- Full name is Jay Burke Charleston
- Born April 20, 1998
- Son of John and Anita Charleston
- Has one sibling, Joseph
- Majoring in Supply Chain Management
- Recipient of the J. Milton Stockman Scholarship Fund