- Listed as No. 93 on Baseball America's Top 100 Draft Prospects list entering 2017
- Tabbed a Top 100 2016 Major League Draft Prospect (No. 42) by Baseball America
- Listed as No. 18 on D1Baseball.com's 2016 Top 20 Juniors entering the 2016 season
- Named 2014 Preseason Top 50 Player by Baseball America
2016 - JUNIOR
- Made his first start of the season vs.Memphis (Feb. 20), receiving the loss after giving up three hits, one earned run and striking out three over 3.2 innings.
- Missed the remainder of the 2016 season due to right elbow surgery (Tommy John surgery).
2015 - SOPHOMORE
- Appeared in 22 games for the Vols in 2015, going 5-4 with a 4.47 ERA and 47 strikeouts through 54.1 innings of work.
- Got the starting nod and was charged with the loss after going 3.1 innings, allowing two runs on two hits and striking out three in his 2015 debut at Florida International (Feb. 15).
- Made his second start of the year at UC Irvine, allowing one earned run and recording four strikeouts over 6.2 innings pitched (Feb. 27).
- Pitched 5.0 strong innings against Grand Canyon, striking out five and allowing one hit to earn his first win of the season (March 8).
- Charged with his second loss of the season at Florida, surrendering six runs on six hits in 2.2 innings (March 15).
- Registered his third loss vs. Georgia after pitching 2.1 innings and allowing six runs on four hits with four walks, striking out three batters (March 22).
- Earned his second win at Vanderbilt after pitching 1.2 innings of shutout baseball with three strikeouts (March 28).
- Recorded his fourth loss of the year after giving up six runs on eight hits over 3.0 innings at Ole Miss (April 3).
- Fired five strikeouts and allowing just one run on three hits in 5.0 innings against South Carolina for win No. 3 of the year (April 26).
- Registered one strikeout in his fourth win of the season, going 2.0 innings against Belmont on May 6.
- Pitched 3.0 innings against UNC Asheville, striking out three and allowing one run on two hits (May 12).
- Earned his team-leading fifth win of 2015 on May 15 against Mississippi State, tossing two strikeouts and allowing one hit.
- Struck out one batter and allowed one run on six hits through 3.0 innings of work against Arkansas in the SEC Tournament (May 19).
2014 - FRESHMAN
- Made 19 appearances (nine starts) during his freshman campaign for the Vols, going 3-3 with one save and a 4.55 ERA over 59.1 innings pitched. His 40 strikeouts were second-most by a true freshman on the squad (Hunter Martin, 43).
- Earned a win in his first-career start, tossing 5.0 innings against Purdue (Feb. 16) while striking out two.
- Earned his second win by firing 6.0 innings, allowing only one run on two hits while striking out five versus Quinnipiac (March 2).
- Tossed 3.0 shutout innings while surrendering only one hit at South Carolina (March 30).
- Earned his first SEC win by going 5.1 shutout innings while allowing two hits and striking out three against Vanderbilt (April 6).
- Threw 3.0 scoreless innings of relief on May 2, holding Kentucky to just one hit while fanning two of his 12 batters faced.
- Allowed just one earned run over 3.2 relief frames on May 6 against UNC Asheville, recording four strikeouts while allowing four hits.
- Struck out three batters in his 1.0 inning of relief on May 17 against Florida.
- Tossed 4.0 scoreless innings and allowed just two hits with four punchouts in Tennessee's SEC Tournament matchup on May 20 against Vanderbilt (Hoover, Ala.).
- Pitched in seven games (including six starts) for the Matsu Miners over the summer, going 0-2 with a 4.18 ERA while recording 35 strikeouts over 23.2 innings pitched. His 35 strikeouts ranked third-best on the club and fifth in the League, while his 23.2 innings pitched were tied for second-most among the Matsu pitching staff.
- Selected by the Colorado Rockies in the 29th round (859th overall) of the 2013 MLB First-Year Player Draft.
- Graduated from Farragut High School in Knoxville where he was coach by Matt Buckner.
- Ranked by Perfect Game as the No. 1 prospect in the state of Tennessee, the No. 7 right-handed pitcher in the nation and the 32nd-best overall prospect in the class of 2013.
- Named Louisville Slugger First Team All-American after his senior season.
- Rated the No. 35 Major League prospect by Baseball America and No. 43 by MLB.com.
- Ranked No. 21 on ESPN's Top 100 MLB Draft Prospects.
- Earned all-state, all-district, PrepXtra first team and All-KIL following senior campaign.
- 2013 Rawlings Preseason All-American, Perfect Game First Team Southeast Region and a 2012 Perfect Game Underclass Honorable Mention All-American.
- Posted a 7-1 record with 1.76 ERA and 111 strikeouts in 63.2 innings pitched his senior season.
- Helped the Admirals go 35-9 and claim the District 4-AAA Championship, Region 2-AAA Championship and finish as the TSSAA State Runner-ups his senior season.
- Fired a no-hitter against rival Bearden, picking up 13 strikeouts en route to a 2-0 victory in 2013.
- Despite missing a large portion of his junior season at Farragut with a cracked rib, returned to post a 4-0 record with a 2.41 ERA and 33 strikeouts in just 33 innings of work.
- Full name is Kyle David Serrano
- Born July 6, 1995
- His father is Tennessee head coach Dave Serrano and mother is Krista Knowles
- Majoring in Sociology
- Has two younger brothers, Zach and Parker
- Lists his father as the biggest sports influence on his life