2016 - SENIOR
- Hit 1-for-2 with two RBI in the series finale vs. #4 Vanderbilt (April 24).
- Went 5-for-12 (.417) with two doubles in Tennessee's three-game series vs. Auburn (April 14-16).
- Led team in series vs. South Carolina, going 6-for-10 and recording 4 RBI over three games (April 8-10)
- Recorded his eighth multi-hit game of the season, going 2-for-4 and scoring one run in a 9-2 Tennessee victory vs. MTSU (March 29)
- Hit 4-for-11 (.364) in the series vs. Ole Miss, including a 2-for-3 performance with a double in the series finale (March 18-20)
- Delivered a game-winning, walk-off single in the ninth inning to lift Tennessee over #8 Ole Miss, 3-2, in the 2016 SEC Opener at Lindsey Nelson Stadium (March 18).
- Hit a combined .600 (6-for-10) with four runs scored over three games vs. UC Irvine (March 11-12).
- Tied a single-game career high with three hits (3-for-3) vs. UC Irvine on March 11.
- Went 2-for-3 with one walk in UT's 11-2 win at ETSU (March 9).
- Recorded his third multi-hit game of the year vs. #16 East Carolina (2-for-4) to help UT to a 5-2 win (March 5) at the Keith LeClair Classic.
- Went 4-for-12 over three games at the Grand Canyon Classic with one triple, four RBIs and four runs scored (Feb. 26-28).
- Hit .400 in the opening series vs. Memphis, recording one double, one RBI and four runs scored (Feb. 19-21).
2015 - JUNIOR
- Played in 23 games for the Vols in 2015, hitting .173 with three doubles and two RBI with nine runs scored.
- Started and hit in the two-hole during all three games at Florida International, going 1-for-4 with one run scored during the season opener (Feb. 13).
- Went 3-for-5 with one RBI during a 6-0 win over Lipscomb (Feb. 20).
- Hit his first double of the season at UC Irvine (Feb. 27).
- Recorded his second double of the season against Morehead State on March 11, going 1-for-2 on the night.
- Went 1-for-4 at Vanderbilt, hitting his third double of the season (March 29).
- Notched an RBI in the series opener at Ole Miss (April 3).
- Had a 3-for-4 performance vs. Missouri, scoring one run and stealing a base (April 10).
2014 - SOPHOMORE
- Played in 32 games for the Vols, making 13 starts in right field and eight in center field.
- Finished his second season as a Vol, hitting .291 with three doubles, two home runs, 11 runs scored and 17 RBI.
- Recorded his first hit of the 2014 campaign on Feb. 28 against Quinnipiac.
- Went 2-for-4 with one double, two runs scored and four RBIs in 10-9 victory over Vanderbilt (April 5).
- Hit his first collegiate home run during a 7-0 victory against Vanderbilt (April 6).
- Cleared the bases with a pinch-hit three RBI double during an 8-7 loss at LSU (April 25).
- Blasted his second home run of his career during a 6-3 win at LSU (April 26).
- Went 3-for-9 (.333) with one double, one home run, one walk, three runs scored and six RBI during the series at LSU (April 25-27).
- Recorded a 3-for-4, three runs scored, two RBI performance on May 2 against Kentucky, establishing a single-game season high with three hits.
- Went 2-for-3 and was granted one free pass on May 10 at Mississippi State.
- Hit .308 (4-for-13) with one RBI in the final regular-season home series against Florida (May 15-17), including a 2-for-5 night on May 15.
- Went 1-for-2 with one RBI in the Vols' SEC Tournament game on May 20 against Vanderbilt.
- Led the Cincinnati Steam in batting average (.317) and on-base percentage (.388), while finishing second in hits (38), runs (23) and stolen bases (9).
- Finished the summer earning First-Team honors in the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League.
2013 - FRESHMAN
- Appeared in 15 games, including 11 starts in the outfield.
- Hit .143 on the year with two doubles, two RBI, and seven runs scored.
- Made his collegiate debut as a pinch hitter at UNLV on Feb. 15, drawing a walk.
- His first hit as a Vol, a double, came at Florida on April 28.
- Graduated from Bearden High School in Knoxville where he was coached by Jack Tate.
- Earned all-state, all-district and team MVP honors as a senior.
- Led the Bulldogs to the 2012 Class AAA state championship game.
- Also named to the 2012 Knoxville News Sentinel PrepXtra First Team.
- Claimed 2012 Rawlings Southeast Region Honorable Mention accolades.
- Hit .466 with 61 runs scored, eight home runs and 37 RBIs as a senior.
- Only struck out seven times in 171 at-bats in 2012 and posted a blistering .533 batting average during postseason play.
- As a junior, he hit .366 with five home runs, 34 RBIs and 15 stolen bases while leading Bearden to the district tournament.
- Guided the Bulldogs to the regional tournament as a sophomore, hitting .348 with 25 RBIs and 11 stolen bases.
- Listed as one of the Top 1000 players in the nation and 23rd-best in Tennessee by Perfect Game.
- Full name is Derek Alan Lance
- Born December 2, 1993
- Son of David and Abby Lance
- Majoring in Kinesiology