2017 - SENIOR
- Recorded his first hit of the season on March 3, going 1-for-1 with one run scored and one RBI in UT's home opener win over Norfolk State.
- Made his first appearance of the 2017 season as a defensive substitution in right field on Opening Day at Memphis (Feb. 17).
2016 - JUNIOR
- Appeared in 29 games for the Vols, including five starts, during his debut season at Tennessee. He tallied six RBI on eight hits and scored four runs while recording a .200 batting average.
- Entered the series finale versus Georgia on May 21 as a pinch runner. He went on to score a run in the Vols' 5-2 win over the Bulldogs.
- Started two games vs. Auburn as the DH and went 2-for-5 in Tennessee's Thursday night victory (April 14).
- Went 2-for-2 with 3 RBI and a triple vs. Appalachian State (April 12).
- Made his first start for the Vols as the DH in the series finale vs. UC Irvine, going 1-for-3 with a double (March 12).
- Recorded a 3-RBI triple for his first hit as a Vol in a 20-1 victory over Central Michigan (Feb. 28).
- Made his first appearance as a Vol at Grand Canyon, coming in as a pinch hitter and scoring one run in his Tennessee debut (Feb. 26).
2014-15 - COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN NEVADA
- Spent two collegiate seasons as an outfielder for the College of Southern Nevada prior to arriving on Rocky Top.
- Named Second Team Region 18 All Region twice while with the College of Southern Nevada: as a designated hitter in 2014 and an outfielder in 2015.
- Hit a career-best .308 during his freshman campaign with the Coyotes in 2014.
- Selected as the recipient of the 2014-2015 NJCAA Academic Student-Athlete Award, given for superior academic achievement (GPA of 3.8-3.99).
- Three-year varsity letterman and All-District player for Mesquite High School in Gilbert, Ariz.
- Recorded the game-winning hit to send Mesquite HS to the state playoffs during his junior campaign.
- Tabbed a Mesquite High School Team Captain, MVP and Golden Scholar Athlete.
- Full name is Matthew David Waldren
- Born on Jan. 20, 1995
- Son of Mary and Guy Waldren
- Has four siblings: Ty, Joe, Jacob and Sarah
- Plans to major in Communication Studies