Career stats loading...
- Named to Perfect Game's Summer Collegiate All-American First-Team
- Tabbed Summer Collegiate Player of the Year by Perfect Game
- Named Most Outstanding Pro Prospect
- Led the Cape Cod League in hits (56), doubles (16) and scored runs (34).
- He was named a member of the Cape Cod League East All-Star Team and one of the three Eastern Division players in the home run hitting contest.
- Lead the Cape Cod League in RBIs with 33.
- Named Coca-Cola Player of the Week (July 16) in the Cape Cod Summer League
- Named to 2015 Preseason All-SEC Team.
- Named SEC Player of the Week after going 5-for-12 (.417) with a double, seven RBIs, three walks, 3-for-3 on stolen base attempts, and four runs scored at Arizona State (March 7-9, 2014)
- Earned Freshman All-American honors from Louisville Slugger and Perfect Game (2014).
- Earned SEC All-Freshman Team honors (2014).
2016 - JUNIOR
- Finished the regular summer season with 56 hits, 33 RBI, 14 stolen bases and 34 runs scored for the Brewster Whitecaps. He recorded a .364 batting average through 40 games. In the All-Star game, he collected one hit and scored one run.
2015 - SOPHOMORE
- Senzel appeared in 50 games for the Vols in 2015, hitting .325 with 12 doubles, five triples, four homers, 28 RBI and 33 runs scored.
- Went 2-for-4 in the series opener against Mississippi State, hitting his fourth homer of the season (May 14).
- Knocked a homer and a double against UNC Asheville on May 12.
- Had a 4-for-5 outing in the series opener against Arkansas, blasting a home run, recording one RBI and two scored runs (May 8).
- Hit his eleventh triple of the season, driving in a run in the series finale against Texas A&M on May 3.
- Went 2-for-7 in the first two games of the series against Texas A&M, scoring once in each (May 1-2).
- Scored twice in the final game of the series versus South Carolina (April 26).
- Delivered one hit, batting in two runs, against South Carolina on April 25.
- Recorded his 18th multi-hit game of the season against South Carolina, going 2-for-4 and hitting a stand-up double (April 24).
- Blasted his ninth double of the season and scored twice in a 3-for-5 outing at ETSU on April 21.
- Drove in a RBI on a sacrifice fly at Middle Tennessee (April 14).
- Went 2-for-4, hitting his fifth triple of the season, on April 10 against Missouri.
- Registered three hits on four at bats, two RBIs and a run in the series opener versus Missouri (April 9).
- Had a 2-for-3 outing, driving in two runs and scoring once against Ole Miss on April 5.
- Recorded a double, a RBI, and scored twice two hits and four at bats against Ole Miss (April 3).
- Batted 4-for-5, hitting one double and scoring twice against Arkansas State (April 1).
- Hit one double and scored twice while going 2-for-5 versus Vanderbilt (March 28).
- Had a 2-for-4 outing, driving in two RBIs and scoring once against Cincinnati (March 25).
- Went 4-for-9 against Georgia, recording two doubles and one run (March 21-22).
- Hit his first home run of the season in the series finale against Florida (March 15).
- Went 2-for-4 in the second game of the series at Florida, driving in a run on a double (March 14).
- Batted in three runs on two hits and a sacrifice bunt in four appearances at the plate against Morehead State (March 11).
- Recorded one RBI on a sacrifice fly in the game versus East Tennessee State (March 10).
- Scored two runs on two hits, one hit being a triple, in four at bats against Grand Canyon (March 8).
- Hit .364 (4-for-11) with a double, three runs scored and one RBI at UC Irvine (Feb. 27-28).
- Went 2-for-4 with a triple and two RBIs at Belmont (Feb. 25).
- Went 6-for-10 with a double, triple, three runs scored and three stolen bases during the season opening series at Florida International (Feb. 13-15).
2014 - FRESHMAN
- Played in 53 of 54 games for the Vols, including 45 starts as designated hitter and eight at second base.
- Finished his freshman season by hitting .315 with 12 doubles, two triples, one homer, 37 runs scored and 39 RBIs.
- Opened his Tennessee career in the cleanup slot, becoming just the second true freshman since 1990 to open a season in that role.
- Earned Freshman All-American honors from Louisville Slugger and Perfect Game.
- Earned SEC All-Freshman Team honors.
- He was an impressive 22-for-46 (.478) with eight multi-hit performances over a twelve game stretch from April 8-27.
- Recorded a hit and RBI double in his first career game, a 3-0 win over Purdue (Feb. 16).
- Posted two singles and a stolen base in an 8-2 win against Purdue (Feb. 17).
- Blasted a game-deciding grand slam and scored three runs in an 8-7 win over No. 29 UNLV (Feb. 21).
- Named SEC Player of the Week after going 5-for-12 (.417) with a double, seven RBIs, three walks, 3-for-3 on stolen base attempts, and four runs scored at Arizona State (March 7-9)
- Recorded an eight game hitting streak (Feb. 23-March 9), in which he went 12-for-24 (.500) with eight runs scored, two doubles, seven walks, three stolen bases and 10 RBIs.
- Went 5-for-11 (.455) with two runs scored and three RBIs at Missouri (March 14-15).
- Recorded a 5-for-12 (.417) weekend with two doubles, one walk, one run scored and four RBIs at Georgia (April 10-12).
- Posted a 3-for-4 with two RBIs, one walk, one stolen base and one run scored effort at ETSU (April 22).
- Went 3-for-5 with two doubles and one run scored at LSU (April 27).
- Went 2-for-4 with one run scored and two RBIs in the Vols' extra-innings win against Morehead State (May 13).
- Went 1-for-5 with one run scored and one RBI in the final regular season game against Florida on May 17.
- Recorded three knocks (3-for-4) including one double and one run scored in Tennessee's SEC Tournament matchup against Vanderbilt (May 20).
- Began the Alaska Baseball League summer season with the Matsu Miners and hit at a .190 clip over 17 games. During that span, he recorded two doubles, three homers and 10 RBIs with four stolen bags.
- Graduated from Farragut High School in Knoxville where he was coached by Matt Buckner.
- Ranked by Perfect Game as the No. 11 prospect in the state and the No. 17 second basemen in the nation.
- Earned all-state, all-district, PrepXtra first team and All-KIL following senior campaign.
- 2013 Rawlings Southeast Region Second Team performer.
- 2012 Perfect Game Underclass Honorable Mention All-American.
- Hit a team-high .386 with 42 RBIs, 14 doubles, five home runs and four triples as a senior.
- Helped the Admirals go 35-9 and claim the District 4-AAA Championship, Region 2-AAA Championship and finish as the TSSAA State Runner-ups his senior season.
- Won a state championship with the Farragut Admirals in 2011.
- Batted .404 with 46 RBIs and eight homers and hit .360 for Farragut in 2012 and 2011, respectively.
- Full name is Nicholas Peter Senzel
- Born Jun 29, 1995
- Son of Jeff and Janice Senzel
- Has one sibling, Madison
- Majoring in Psychology
- Lists his father as his biggest sports influence
- Chose Tennessee because it was the best decision athletically and academically
- Recipient of the J. Milton Stockman Scholarship Fund