Career stats loading...
2015 - REDSHIRT SEASON
- Missed the entire 2015 season due to back surgery.
2014 - JUNIOR
- Played in 32 games for the Vols, making 24 starts at catcher.
- Wrapped up his first season on Rocky Top by hitting .254 with nine runs scored and eight RBIs.
- Smacked a single and scored a run in game two of a doubleheader against Purdue (Feb. 16).
- Drew a bases-loaded walk and scored a run in an 8-2 win over Purdue (Feb. 17).
- Posted a 2-for-5 performance with one RBI versus Quinnipiac (March 2).
- Currently riding a three game hitting streak (March 2-9) in which he has gone 4-for-11 (.364) with two RBIs.
- Drew two walks and laid down a sacrifice bunt in an 8-7 victory over Austin Peay (March 18).
- Went 2-for-6 (.333) in two games against Auburn (March 21-22).
- Posted a 2-for-3 performance at South Carolina (March 30).
- Rode a three-game hitting streak from March 21-30, in which he went 4-for-9.
- Went 1-for-2 with two RBI in the club's 5-1 win over Kentucky on May 3.
- Recorded three walks and was 1-for-1 on May 6 against UNC Asheville, marking his third multi-walk game of the season.
- Went 1-for-2 with one run scored and one RBI in the Vols' final regular season game against Florida (May 17).
- Went 1-for-2 with one walk in the club's SEC Tournament game on May 20 against Vanderbilt (Hoover, Ala.).
- Hit .295 with 17 runs scored and 13 RBIs in 31 games for the California Collegiate League Champion Los Angeles Brewers. He held a .987 fielding percentage behind the dish and was successful in four of his five stolen base attempts.
- Made the CCL All-Tournament Team, going 3-for-11 with a run scored and four RBIs. Following the summer season, Schultz was also named to the California Collegiate League 2014 All-League Team and was the lone catcher selected to the 2014 CCL South All-Division Team.
2013 - AT CYPRESS C.C.
- Played in 45 games for the chargers, hitting .316 with 42 hits, 25 RBIs, 24 runs and five doubles.
- Helped guide Cypress to the 2013 California Community College Athletic Conference State Championship, earning the program its fifth title in school history and the first since 2003.
- Earned championship tournament MVP honors by hitting .538 (7-for-13).
- Threw out 16 runners from behind the plate.
2012 - AT SAN FRANCISCO
- Played in 19 games, starting two behind the plate for the Dons.
- Hit .143 with one run scored and one RBI.
- Fielded perfect 1.000 at catcher with 51 put outs and six assists.
- First collegiate hit was a pinch-hit single against Missouri (2/26).
- Two-sport athlete with baseball and football at Lakewood High School in Lakewood, Calif.
- Paced both the football and baseball teams to the Moore League Championship in 2010 and 2011.
- Hit .471 as a senior and .333 as a junior for the Lancers.
- Named Lakewood Athlete of the Year.
- Youth Hall of Fame All Around Performer of the Year.
- Named Dream Team catcher and Dream Team quarterback.
- Three-time First Team All-League honoree.
- Voted league MVP for football.
- Full name is Tyler John Schultz
- Born June 22, 1992
- Son of Tim and Kaylene Schultz
- Has one sister, Tatum
- Majoring in Communication Studies
- Chose the Tennessee program because of the great coaching staff, amazing tradition and Knoxville is a great area
- Recipient of the David & Patti Wilder Scholarship