2017 - FRESHMAN
- As a two-way player for UT, made 12 relief appearances during his freshman campaign while also playing 21 games (seven starts) primarily as designated hitter. On the mound, he posted no record with a 2.93 ERA over 15.1 innings, while hitting .171 with a double and six RBIs at the plate.
- Tossed 2.1 relief innings in Tennessee's Saturday contest visiting No. 8-ranked Kentucky, allowing just three hits (May 13).
- Threw 1.1 scoreless innings in relief as part of UT's 7-6 win over Eastern Kentucky (May 10).
- Went 1-for-4 with a run scored and two RBIs in UT's rain-suspended/resumed contest vs. No. 14-ranked Arkansas, helping the Vols to a 5-4 win (May 6).
- Recorded his first career extra-base hit (double) as well as his first career multi-hit game for UT, going 2-for-4 with two RBIs as part of a 9-2 win over ETSU in Knoxville (May 2).
- Made his first career start as designated hitter at ETSU (April 11).
- Helped UT to a 7-6 win over No. 7-franked Florida on April 7, knocking a bases-loaded sac fly as a pinch hitter in the 10th inning.
- Made back-to-back appearances in relief against Georgia, combining for 2.0 scoreless innings against the Bulldogs (April 1-2).
- Threw 2.0 hitless innings of relief in UT's 7-1 win over Marshall (March 22).
- Played both ways for Tennessee in its series finale vs. South Carolina (March 19), making his first career start in right field and going 1-for-3 before tossing 1.0 inning in relief.
- Recorded his first career hit as a Vol in a pinch-hit at-bat against Cincinnati, going 1-for-1 (March 10).
- Appeared as a pinch-hitter vs. Memphis on Feb. 18, going 0-for-1 in his first collegiate at-bat.
- Made his career debut for the Orange and White on Feb. 17, tossing 0.2 scoreless inning of relief as part of an 8-5 win in Memphis.
- Graduated from Morristown West in Tennessee.
- Lettered all four years of high school in both baseball and football, serving as football captain for two years.
- Tabbed All-Region Pitcher of the Year and IMAC Player of the Year in 2015 after posting a .439 batting average and 10-1 pitching record in addition to an ERA of .43.
- As a freshman, he went 6-0 with a 1.53 ERA and picked up 10 saves.
- Threw a complete game shut-out at the Jupiter World Championship
- Selected to the All-Region and All-Conference Teams three years in a row.
- Named a Preseason 2016 Louisville Slugger Second Team All-American.
- Earned TBCA All-State honors in 2016.
- Ranked as the No. 3 left-handed pitcher and 16th overall player in the state of Tennessee. He was also tabbed the 100th LHP in the USA by Perfect Game in 2016.
- Full name is William George Heflin
- Born April 9, 1997 in Knoxville, Tenn.
- Son of George and Tracy Heflin
- Has two siblings, Kenneth and Matthew
- Majoring in Finance
- Recipient of the Gerdau Ameristeel Men's Athletic Endowed Scholarship