2017 - FRESHMAN
- Made his first career start as designated hitter at ETSU (April 11), going 0-for-4 while also tossing 2.0 innings in relief, allowing three runs on three hits.
- Made back-to-back appearances in relief against Georgia, combining for 2.0 scoreless innings against the Bulldogs (April 1-2).
- Threw 2.0 hitless innings of relief in UT's 7-1 win over Marshall (March 22).
- Played both ways for Tennessee in its series finale vs. South Carolina (March 19), making his first career start in right field and going 1-for-3 before tossing 1.0 inning in relief.
- Recorded his first career hit as a Vol in a pinch-hit at-bat against Cincinnati, going 1-for-1 (March 10).
- Appeared as a pinch-hitter vs. Memphis on Feb. 18, going 0-for-1 in his first collegiate at-bat.
- Made his career debut for the Orange and White on Feb. 17, tossing 0.2 scoreless inning of relief as part of an 8-5 win in Memphis.
- Graduated from Morristown West in Tennessee.
- Lettered all four years of high school in both baseball and football, serving as football captain for two years.
- Tabbed All-Region Pitcher of the Year and IMAC Player of the Year in 2015 after posting a .439 batting average and 10-1 pitching record in addition to an ERA of .43.
- As a freshman, he went 6-0 with a 1.53 ERA and picked up 10 saves.
- Threw a complete game shut-out at the Jupiter World Championship
- Selected to the All-Region and All-Conference Teams three years in a row.
- Named a Preseason 2016 Louisville Slugger Second Team All-American.
- Earned TBCA All-State honors in 2016.
- Ranked as the No. 3 left-handed pitcher and 16th overall player in the state of Tennessee. He was also tabbed the 100th LHP in the USA by Perfect Game in 2016.
- Full name is William George Heflin
- Born April 9, 1997 in Knoxville, Tenn.
- Son of George and Tracy Heflin
- Has two siblings, Kenneth and Matthew
- Majoring in Finance
- Recipient of the Gerdau Ameristeel Men's Athletic Endowed Scholarship