2017 - SOPHOMORE
- Threw 5.1 innings in his Sunday start vs. Norfolk State on March 5, allowing three earned runs on four hits while striking out four batters to receive no decision.
- Went 2.1 innings in UT's Tony Gwynn Classic finale start vs. UC Irvine, allowing five runs on six hits for the no-decision (Feb. 25).
- Began the 2017 season as Tennessee's Sunday starter in the rotation, tossing 6.0 scoreless innings while holding Memphis to just one hit in his season debut on Feb. 19.
2016 - FRESHMAN
- Appeared in 20 games (six starts) and posted a 1-3 record during his debut season for the Volunteers, allowing 29 runs (23 earned) over 52.1 innings pitched with 29 strikeouts.
- Got the starting nod in the Volunteers' SEC Baseball Tournament debut vs. No. 5 seed LSU, holding the Tigers to just one run on five hits in 6.0 innings of work (May 24).
- Worked 3.0 innings in the Thursday series opener at Georgia on May 19, giving up four runs (three earned) on seven hits en route to the loss.
- Went a career-long 7.0 innings in UT's series opener vs. #11 LSU, allowing just one run on five hits with two strikeouts (May 13).
- Threw 6.0 innings and allowed five runs (three earned) on eight hits in his Friday start vs. #1-ranked Florida (May 6).
- Pitched 5.0 innings in his start vs. Missouri, allowing six runs on six hits and receiving his first career loss
- Notched his first career win in his first career start vs. #4 Vanderbilt, giving up just two earned runs and striking out five batters through 6.0 innings (April 24).
- Tossed 2.2 hitless innings out of the bullpen vs. MTSU and recorded a strikeout (April 19).
- Threw 2.1 innings scoreless innings in relief vs. #8 Ole Miss, allowing just one hit (March 20).
- Worked a career-long 3.0 innings in relief at UNC Asheville, allowing one run on two hits while recording three strikeouts in UT's 7-3 win.
- Tossed 1.0 scoreless frame against Western Kentucky, allowing just two hits (March 8).
- Pitched 1.2 innings of relief in the Vols' 6-3 victory over Saint Mary's (Feb. 27).
- Made his first appearance as a Vol vs. Memphis (Feb. 19), striking out three while giving up one run on three hits.
- A Knoxville native and product of Hardin Valley Academy, Neely was rated the No. 2 right-handed pitcher in the state of Tennessee by Perfect Game.
- Received All-District honors in each of his four seasons with Hardin Valley (2012-15).
- Helped Hardin Valley to a Class AAA State Baseball Championship title as a senior in 2015.
- Threw his first no-hitter of his senior season for Hardin Valley Academy and defeated Bartlett High School 2-0 in a Class AAA state baseball tournament opener.
- Named a Second Team Underclass All-American by Perfect Game as a junior.
- Played for the All-State Two Way Team from 2012-13 and was selected to Team Tennessee as a sophomore and a junior (2013-14).
- Named the District 4 AAA Most Valuable Pitcher, the right-hander was a TSWA All-State player and was selected to the East Cobb Pro Showcase in 2014.
- Full name is William Clay Neely
- Born on April 10, 1996
- Son of Jaynetta and Ken Neely
- William is one of six children
- Majoring in Sociology
- Recipient of the East Tennessee Nissan Athletic Scholarship Endowment