2017 - FRESHMAN
- Made 22 appearances, including six starts, during his freshman campaign, posting a 3-4 record and three saves for a 3.67 ERA, while striking out 61 batters in 56.1 innings of work.
- Threw 1.1 innings during UT's season finale vs. Missouri, allowing just two hits while striking out one batter in the loss (May 20).
- Dealt 4.0 innings in middle relief of UT's series finale at No. 8-ranked Kentucky, allowing two runs while fanning two batters.
- Struck out a pair of Bruins batters in the ninth to seal a 14-8 victory for Tennessee on Rocky Top (May 9).
- Finished the game for UT against No. 14-ranked Arkansas and picked up his second save of the season, striking out one of his two batters faced to secure a 5-4 win (May 6).
- Fired back-to-back strikeouts in the ninth inning vs. ETSU, helping secure the win for UT in Knoxville (May 2).
- Got the Sunday start for UT's series finale at No. 7 Florida, allowing two runs on four hits over 2.1 innings for the loss (April 9).
- Threw 1.2 scoreless innings in relief as part of UT's series opener win at No. 7-ranked Florida, allowing just three hits with two strikeouts in the outing (April 7).
- Charged with the loss in UT's Sunday game vs. Georgia, allowing three runs on six hits with four strikeouts (April 2).
- Started UT's midweek contest vs. Tennessee Tech and went 2.0 scoreless innings in the staff shutout effort, fanning two batters for his first career win with the Big Orange (March 28).
- Threw 4.0 innings in relief vs. South Carolina on March 18, allowing three runs (two earned).
- Drew his second career start vs. Cincinnati on March 11, tossing 4.0 hitless innings with three strikeouts.
- Threw 3.0 innings in relief vs. Norfolk State, holding the Spartans to just one hit and matching his career-high with seven strikeouts.
- Received his first-career starting nod on Feb. 22 at Loyola Marymount and went 4.0 innings, allowing two earned runs on three hits. He fired a career-high seven strikeouts in the outing.
- Made his collegiate debut on Feb. 18 at Memphis, tossing 4.0 innings in relief while allowing two runs on three hits with three strikeouts.
- Graduated from Sevier County High School in Tennessee.
- Lettered all four years of high school in baseball, leading the team to two district titles, one regional title and one substate championship.
- As a senior at Sevier County, he went 7-2 with a 1.70 ERA and fired 113 strikeouts. He also led the team with a .434 batting average, nine home runs and 48 RBI.
- Threw a no-hitter in 2016.
- Named 2016 Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Tennessee.
- Earned NABF All-American accolades in 2016.
- Tabbed a Perfect Game Preseason First Team All-American in 2016.
- Named an Under Armour All-American in 2015.
- Drafted by the New York Yankees in the 16th Round of the 2016 First-Year Player Draft.
- Ranked as the No. 1 right-handed pitcher and 2nd overall player in the state of Tennessee. He was also tabbed the 19th RHP and 60th overall player in the USA by Perfect Game in 2016.
- Full name is Zachary Thomas Linginfelter
- Born April 10, 1997 in Knoxville, Tenn.
- Son of Tony and Marisa Linginfelter
- Majoring in Education
- Recipient of the BB&T Athletic Scholarship Endowment