2013-14 - FRESHMAN
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Announced in May 2014 that he would transfer.
- True freshman served as Tennessee's backup point guard and appeared in all 37 games, earning 10 starts.
- Led the Volunteers in steals (36, 1.0 spg) and ranked second on the team in assists (87, 2.4 apg).
- Averaged 2.6 points, 2.0 rebounds and 2.4 assists while posting a 2.56 assist/turnover ratio in 16.8 minutes per game.
- In SEC action, he played 16.1 minutes per game and averaged 2.3 points, 2.0 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.
- Played 26 minutes during Tennessee's NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen clash vs. Big Ten champion Michigan (3/28/14), totaling three points, two rebounds, two assists and a steal.
- Grabbed three rebounds and dished out one assist in seven minutes of action during Tennessee's third-round NCAA Tournament win over Mercer (3/23/14).
- Totaled three points, four rebounds and two assists in Tennessee's SEC Tournament quarterfinal win over South Carolina (3/14/14).
- When the Vols hosted rival Vanderbilt (3/1/14), he totaled six points, two rebounds, two assists and two steals as UT posted a historic 76-38 triumph.
- Had five assists and a pair of steals at Vanderbilt (2/5/14).
- Played 28 minutes in the Vols' win at Alabama (2/1/14), totaling five points and two assists.
- In hist first career SEC start, he scored seven points, dished out seven assists and logged a pair of steals as UT defeated Ole Miss in Knoxville (1/29/14).
- Pulled down a season-high five rebounds during Tennessee's victory at LSU (1/7/14); also had two assists and a steal in the win.
- Started against Tusculum College (1/4/14) and dished out a season-high nine assists (with no turnovers) in 23 efficient minutes.
- Exploded for 16 points, while going 9-for-9 at the free-throw line, during UT's thrashing of Wake Forest at the Battle 4 Atlantis (11/30/13).
- Five steals highlighted his six-point, four-rebound, seven-assist effort vs. Tennessee State (11/22/13).
- His collegiate debut came in a tough environment, as he started the season-opener at Xavier (11/12/13) and totaled two steals and a block in 10 minutes of action.
- Graduated from Blackman High School in Murfreesboro, Tenn., where he was coached by Barry Wortman.
- Was rated by 247Sports.com as the nation's No. 4 overall combo guard and the eighth-best prospect in the state of Tennessee.
- Named to the 2013 TSWA Class AAA All-State Team and also was selected to play in the Tennessee Midstate All-Star Showcase at Cumberland University on March 23, 2013.
- As a senior, he led Blackman to a 30-1 overall record and a second straight berth in the Tennessee Class AAA state tournament quarterfinals.
- In the win over Ooltewah that gave the Blaze their second straight District 7-AAA sectional title, Thompson - the 2013 District MVP - logged 24 points, 11 assists and five steals.
- He averaged 16.4 points, 6.4 assists, 3.6 rebounds and 2.3 steals per game as a senior.
- Was a 2013 Tennessee Class AAA Mr. Basketball finalist, along with fellow UT signee Robert Hubbs III of Dyer County High School.
- Was a 2013 McDonald's All-American nominee.
- He was a TSWA Class AAA All-State performer each of his last two seasons; Blackman posted a 56-5 record during that span.
- Played AAU ball for the Team Nashville program, which is coached by Carlton Battle.
- Full name is Darius Jamar Thompson
- Born May 4, 1995, in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Academic major: Accounting
- Chose UT over Alabama, Auburn, Butler, NC State, Vanderbilt and Virginia.
- Parents are Lonnie and Felicia Thompson
- His father, Lonnie, played basketball at Middle Tennessee State and is the head men's basketball coach at Cumberland University (NAIA) in Lebanon, Tenn.
- Recipient of the Holland Family Athletic Scholarship