2014-15 - JUNIOR
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Had 10 points and eight rebounds in Tennessee's win at Mizzou (1/17/15).
- Extremely active in the Vols' win over 19th-ranked Arkansas (1/13/15), he finished with seven points, six rebounds, two assists, one block and a steal.
- Tied his career-high with 12 points on 5-of-6 shooting in the victory over ETSU (12/31/14); also grabbed five rebounds.
- Hit a huge 3-pointer in the Butler win (12/14/14) to help the Vols pull away from the 15th-ranked Bulldogs.
- Had six points, four rebounds, one block and a steal against 11th-ranked Kansas in the semifinals of the Orlando Classic (11/27/14).
- Was Tennessee's starting five-man in the season-opener vs. 15th-ranked VCU at the Veterans Classic (11/14/14); totaled four points, six rebounds and an assist in 28 minutes.
2013-14 - SOPHOMORE
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Averaged 10.9 minutes off the bench while seeing action in 24 games.
- Averaged 2.4 points per game and ranked fourth on the team in rebounding with 3.0 rpg.
- Was the first Vol off the bench a team-high 11 times.
- In 15 SEC appearances, he averaged 1.8 points and 2.7 rebounds in 10.1 minutes per game.
- Had three points, two rebounds and two blocks in 14 minutes off the bench vs. Michigan in the NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen (3/28/14).
- Totaled three points, one rebound and one steal in Tennessee's second-round NCAA Tournament win over UMass (3/21/14).
- Had two dunks, seven points and four rebounds in UT's lopsided home win over Missouri (3/8/14).
- Grabbed seven rebounds and recorded a pair of steals in Tennessee's victory at Auburn (3/5/14).
- Played 18 minutes off the bench in UT's 76-38 pummeling of rival Vanderbilt (3/1/14), totaling five points, seven rebounds and a steal.
- Had five points, one rebound and a block in Tennessee's win over Georgia (2/18/14).
- Came off the bench during UT's home victory over Auburn (1/15/14) and recorded four points and five rebounds.
- Totaled eight points, seven rebounds, two blocks and an assist in 20 minutes of work against Tusculum College (1/4/14).
- Grabbed a team-high nine rebounds in just 10 minutes off the bench in UT's dominant 87-52 win over Virginia (12/30/13).
- Made his season debut in the Vols' home win over Morehead State (12/23/13) and had a career night, posting a double-double with 12 points, 10 rebounds four blocks and an assist in 19 minutes strong off the bench.
- Played on Puerto Rico's Men's National B Team at the 2013 FIBA Stankoviæ Continental Champions Cup June 27-July 9 in China.
- Played in all nine games at the tournament, starting two, and averaging 1.7 points and 2.0 rebounds as Puerto Rico went 3-6.
2012-13 - FRESHMAN
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Wore jersey No. 3 and saw action in 14 games as a backup at the No. 4 position, averaging 3.7 points and 2.1 rebounds while shooting .323 from 3-point range (10-of-31) in 13.6 minutes per game.
- Averaged 3.5 points and 2.2 rebounds in the 13 SEC games in which he appeared, playing 12.9 minutes per game.
- Pulled down a season-high eight rebounds and also added six points in 23 minutes off the bench at Arkansas (2/2/13).
- Shot 3-of-5 from 3-point range for nine points in the win over Mississippi State (1/19/13).
- Had nine points and four rebounds in 22 minutes of action at Kentucky (1/15/13).
- Totaled five points, three rebounds and an assist at Alabama (1/12/13).
- Had seven points and four rebounds in UT's home game vs. Ole Miss (1/9/13; his SEC debut).
- Received game clearance from team doctors on Dec. 28 and served as the catalyst in UT's win over Xavier (12/29/12) one day later, totaling seven points, two steals, a block and an assist in 23 minutes.
- Started participating in limited practice drills while the Vols were at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off in mid-November.
- Underwent a surgical procedure on his right shoulder on Aug. 21, 2012, to address a labral tear.
- Played for Puerto Rico's U19 National Team that competed at the 2012 Nike Global Challenge in Washington, D.C., July 13-15.
- Started all four games and averaged 21.0 points, 12.3 rebounds and 1.3 steals in 32.0 minutes per game (all three were team-highs).
- Was the tournament's second-leading scorer and was named to the International All-Tournament Team.
- Shot .458 from the field, .400 from 3-point range and .917 from the free-throw line.
- Graduated from Olympia High School, where he was coached by Mark Griseck.
- Averaged 9.5 points, 8.1 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.3 blocks per game as a senior in 2011-12.
- Had 18 rebounds during a senior-season win over First Academy.
- As a junior, he averaged 13 points and eight rebounds per game while shooting close to 48 percent from the floor and 41 percent from beyond the 3-point arc.
- Played AAU ball with the Florida Rams Q6 All-Stars program, which was coached by former LSU basketball players Willie Anderson and Reggie Tucker.
- Lettered for one year in football and two years in track.
- Born Nov. 3, 1993, in Orlando, Fla.
- Full name is Derek Patrick Reese
- Academic major: Psychology
- Parents are Yolanda and Robert Jr.
- His older brother, Michael, played baseball at Division II Rollins College in Winter Park, Fla., before playing professionally for three years and is now an assistant baseball coach at Rollins.
- Also has an older sister, Jessica, who was a dancer for the NBA's Orlando Magic for four years.
- Has an older brother, Robert, who serves in the Marines, and also has a pair of younger twin siblings: Jayson and Jaylene.
- Is eligible to represent Puerto Rico in FIBA international play because his grandparents, Anselmo and Irma Montanez, were born there.
- Recipient of the Ray & Dana Mears Athletic Scholarship Endowment.