- Points: 24 // at Mississippi State, 1/16/16
- Rebounds: 6 (2x) // last vs. Vanderbilt, 3/10/16*
- Assists: 4 (3x) // last vs. Auburn, 3/9/16
- Steals: 2 (3x) // last vs. Tennessee State, 12/29/15
- Blocks: 2 (2x) // last vs. Kentucky, 2/2/16
- Field Goals: 8 // at Mississippi State, 1/16/16
- 3-Pointers: 5 // at Mississippi State, 1/16/16
- Free Throws: 6 // vs. LSU, 3/11/16*
- Minutes: 36 // vs. LSU, 3/11/16*
* Indicates most recent high
2015-16 - SOPHOMORE
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Appeared in all 34 games for the Vols during his sophomore season, making four starts.
- He averaged 8.4 ppg and 19.6 mpg during the 2015-16 season.
- Averaged 8.2 ppg in SEC play, and his 28 made 3-pointers in league games ranked third on the team.
- Tennessee's most productive scorer off the bench, he finished the season with 12 games of 10 or more points while in a reserve role; he was the first Vol off the bench 11 times.
- Stepped up in a big way at the SEC Tournament, leading the Vols in scoring at 18.0 ppg over three games in Nashville.
- Dropped a team-high 19 points in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals vs. LSU (3/11/16), connecting on three 3-pointers along the way.
- Led the Vols with 18 points in UT's dramatic upset of fifth-seeded Vanderbilt (3/10/16) in the second round of the SEC Tournament; he also matched his season-high with six rebounds in the win.
- Finished with 17 points to go along with four assists in Tennessee's rout of Auburn (3/9/16) in the opening game of the SEC Tournament.
- Got the start and scored 10 points in 20 minutes of play in Tennessee's 81-65 home win over LSU (2/20/16).
- Got the start at Mississippi State (1/16/16), responding with a career-high 24 points and five made 3-pointers in 35 minutes of action; scored 16 points in the second half.
- Connected on a season-best four 3-pointers at Georgia (1/13/16), finishing with 16 points in 18 minutes off the bench.
- Came off the bench to score 10 points in 19 minutes in UT's win over Florida (1/6/16), including a pull-up jumper in the final seconds of the first half that sent the Vols into halftime with a 22-point lead.
- Finished in double figures for the third consecutive game, scoring 12 second-half points en route to 16 for the game against Tennessee State (12/29/15); his six made field goals were a career-high.
- Scored 17 points in a career-best 27 minutes to lift the Vols to a comeback victory over ETSU (12/22/15); knocked down the go-ahead three-pointer with a minute to play, sparking a 9-0 run to break a 67-67 deadlock and seal the Tennessee win.
- Huge performance off the bench vs. Gonzaga at the Battle in Seattle (12/19/15): tallied a season-best 13 points, including 10 in the second half, to help the Vols battle back to take the lead after trailing by 19 in the first half.
- Tallied six points and four boards in 13 minutes off the bench against Florida Atlantic (12/16/15).
- Played 21 minutes off the bench against Nebraska (11/28/15), handing out a career-high four assists.
- Earned his second career start when the Vols hosted Marshall (11/19/15) and scored seven points while dishing out three assists.
- Pulled down a career-high six rebounds while also scoring nine points off the bench at Georgia Tech (11/16/15).
2014-15 - FRESHMAN
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Appeared in 31 games and made one start; was the first Vol off the bench in eight games.
- Averaged 3.4 points in 11.7 minutes per game.
- Averaged 2.2 points off the bench in 17 SEC appearances.
- Made multiple 3-pointers in six different games.
- Scored five points off the bench at Florida (2/28/15) and also had a steal in 15 minutes of action.
- His eight points in UT's home game vs. LSU (2/14/15) marked his personal season-high in SEC play.
- Came up with two key steals that led to four points after halftime in UT's thrilling overtime win at Vanderbilt (2/11/15); one of his steals led to the Kevin Punter free throws that gave Tennessee the lead for good in the extra period.
- Tennessee's home win over Mercer (12/22/14) marked his first collegiate start.
- Finished with nine points off the bench at NC State (12/17/14), all of which came on three second-half 3-pointers.
- Went 4-of-8 from beyond the 3-point arc while scoring 13 points on 11th-ranked Kansas in the semifinals of the Orlando Classic (11/28/14).
- Shot 3-of-8 from 3-point range en route to sharing team-high honors with 17 points in his college debut at the Veterans Classic vs. 15th-ranked VCU (11/14/14).
- Spent the 2013-14 academic year at Notre Dame Preparatory School in Fitchburg, Mass, where he was coached by Ryan Hurd.
- Former Vols point guard Antonio Barton, who completed his eligibility in 2013-14, also is a product of Notre Dame Prep.
- He transferred to La Lumiere School in La Porte, Ind., for his final year of high school, and he graduated from La Lumiere in 2013.
- Considered a four-star prospect by nearly every major recruiting service, he was rated by 247Sports as the nation's No. 43 overall prospect in the class of 2013.
- From his freshman through junior year, he attended Austin High School in Decatur, Ala. As a junior, he earned All-State honors from the Alabama Sports Writers Association after averaging 16.4 points per game and leading Austin to the Class 6A Northwest Regional final.
- As a sophomore at AHS, he averaged 18.0 points and 4.0 rebounds per game and was named The Decatur Daily's 4A-6A Player of the Year.
- Full name is Detrick Samon Mostella
- Name pronounced: DEE-trick moss-TELL-uh
- Born: Oct. 12, 1993, in Decatur, Ala.
- Son of Dyra and Ricky Mostella
- Academic major: Communication Studies
- Recipient of The Estep Athletic Scholarship