- Points: 17 // vs. VCU, 11/14/14
- Rebounds: 4 (2x) // last vs. Mercer, 12/22/14
- Assists: 2 // vs. Tennessee Tech, 12/19/14
- Steals: 2 (2x) // last vs. LSU, 2/14/15*
- Blocks: 1 // vs. Mercer, 12/22/14
- Field Goals: 5 // vs. VCU, 11/14/14
- 3-Pointers: 4 // vs. Kansas, 11/28/14
- Free Throws: 4 // vs. VCU, 11/14/14
- Minutes: 23 // at NC State, 12/17/14
* Indicates most recent high
2014-15 - FRESHMAN
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Appeared in 31 games and made on start; was the first Vol off the bench in eight games.
- Averaged 3.4 points in 11.7 minutes per game.
- Averaged 2.2 points off the bench in 17 SEC appearances.
- Made multiple 3-pointers in six different games.
- Scored five points off the bench at Florida (2/28/15) and also had a steal in 15 minutes of action.
- His eight points in UT's home game vs. LSU (2/14/15) marked his personal season-high in SEC play.
- Came up with two key steals that led to four points after halftime in UT's thrilling overtime win at Vanderbilt (2/11/15); one of his steals led to the Kevin Punter free throws that gave Tennessee the lead for good in the extra period.
- Tennessee's home win over Mercer (12/22/14) marked his first collegiate start.
- Finished with nine points off the bench at NC State (12/17/14), all of which came on three second-half 3-pointers.
- Went 4-of-8 from beyond the 3-point arc while scoring 13 points on 11th-ranked Kansas in the semifinals of the Orlando Classic (11/28/14).
- Shot 3-of-8 from 3-point range en route to sharing team-high honors with 17 points in his college debut at the Veterans Classic vs. 15th-ranked VCU (11/14/14).
- Spent the 2013-14 academic year at Notre Dame Preparatory School in Fitchburg, Mass, where he was coached by Ryan Hurd.
- Former Vols point guard Antonio Barton, who completed his eligibility in 2013-14, also is a product of Notre Dame Prep.
- He transferred to La Lumiere School in La Porte, Ind., for his final year of high school, and he graduated from La Lumiere in 2013.
- Considered a four-star prospect by nearly every major recruiting service, he was rated by 247Sports as the nation's No. 43 overall prospect in the class of 2013.
- From his freshman through junior year, he attended Austin High School in Decatur, Ala. As a junior, he earned All-State honors from the Alabama Sports Writers Association after averaging 16.4 points per game and leading Austin to the Class 6A Northwest Regional final.
- As a sophomore at AHS, he averaged 18.0 points and 4.0 rebounds per game and was named The Decatur Daily's 4A-6A Player of the Year.
- Full name is Detrick Samon Mostella
- Name pronounced: DEE-trick moss-TELL-uh
- Born: Oct. 12, 1993, in Decatur, Ala.
- Son of Dyra and Ricky Mostella
- Academic major: Sport Management
- Recipient of The John Stokely Family Athletic Endowment