2013-14 - JUNIOR (IUPUI)
- Earned his bachelor's degree in May 2014, making him eligible to enroll at another institution as a graduate transfer with one year of remaining eligibility.
- Led IUPUI in scoring (15.8 ppg; third in the Summit League) and minutes played (33.1 mpg) while also averaging 3.2 rebounds.
- Started 22 of the 25 games in which he appeared, shooting .419 from the field and .314 from 3-point range.
- Scored a career-high 28 points vs. Evansville Nov. 12, 2013.
- In 61 career games played at IUPUI, Chiles has scored in double figures 41 times; he scored at least 20 points 10 times.
2012-13 - REDSHIRT (IUPUI)
- Was a preseason All-Summit League selection prior to the 2012-13 campaign, but an injury forced him to redshirt that season.
- Returned to action in time to average a team-best 15.5 point per game during IUPUI's exhibition trip to Italy in the summer of 2013.
2011-12 - SOPHOMORE (IUPUI)
- After spending his freshman year in junior college, he transferred to IUPUI, where he made the five-man Summit League All-Newcomer Team as a sophomore in 2011-12.
2010-11 - FRESHMAN (Wabash Valley College [Ill.])
- Attended Wabash Valley College in Mount Carmel, Ill., as a freshman in 2010-11.
- Graduated from Ballard High School in Louisville, Ky.
- Ballard HS also produced UT and NBA legend Allan Houston, who lettered as a Vol from 1990-93 and is one of only four Tennessee men's basketball players to have their jersey retired (No. 20).
- Full name is Ian Joseph Chiles
- Born: Jan. 11, 1992, in Louisville, Ky.
- Son of Marion and Yvette Chiles
- His older sister, India Chiles, was an All-American outfielder for the Tennessee softball program, lettering from 2004-07; India also earned Academic All-America distinction during her time as a Lady Vol.
- Ian's older brother, Adam Chiles, lettered in basketball as a guard at Murray State from 2002-05; Adam was a three-year teammate of current Tennessee assistant coach Chris Shumate at Murray State.
- Recipient of the Earl Keister II Basketball Endowment