- Spent the 2013-14 academic year at Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va., where he played for coach A.W. Hamilton.
- During that 2013-14 season at Hargrave, McGhee averaged close to 24 points and 15 rebounds while helping lead the team to a 32-8 record.
- Prior to enrolling in prep school, McGhee graduated from Monroe High School in Albany, where he was coached by Marquis Davis and was a three-year starter.
- McGhee totaled more than 1,200 points during his high school career, was a two-time Albany Herald Super 6er and won the Herald's 2013 Willie Boston Boys Player of the Year award.
- As a senior, McGhee averaged a double-double and earned Class AAAA All-State honors from the Atlanta Journal Constitution (first team), the Georgia Athletic Coaches Association (first team) and the Georgia Sportswriters Association (second team) while helping the Tornadoes become the first team in the history of the Herald's Fab 5 Poll to go wire-to-wire as the No. 1-ranked team in Southwest Georgia.
- Played AAU ball for the Atlanta Xpress program, which also produced current Vols guard Armani Moore, a junior from Kennesaw, Ga.
- Full name is Jabari Akil McGhee
- Born: July 10, 1994, in Atlanta Ga.
- Academic major: Business
- Son of Derek McGhee and Janet Johnson
- Was head coach Donnie Tyndall's first signee at Tennessee; Tyndall was introduced April 22, and McGhee signed May 2.
- Recipient of the Richard & Melba Jackson Athletic Scholarship Endowment