2012-13 - SOPHOMORE
- Started all 33 of Tennessee's, playing the No. 3 position.
- One of the team's most improved players, he increased his scoring average from 2.9 points per game as a freshman to 7.9 points (fourth on the team).
- Led the Vols in steals (1.1 spg), ranked second on the team in rebounding (4.3 rpg) and minutes played (30.7 mpg), and was third in field-goal percentage (.469), assists (1.5 apg) and blocks (0.7 bpg).
- Shot .533 on 2-point field-goal attempts, many of which were slashing pull-ups in traffic.
- Scored in double-figures nine times and led the team in steals 14 times.
- Had a team-high 115 deflections defensively.
- In SEC play, he averaged 7.3 points and 3.6 rebounds in 31.1 minutes per game.
- Shot .692 at the free-throw line overall, but improved that percentage to .800 during conference play.
- Owned a 1.35 assist/turnover ratio in SEC play.
- Did a bit of everything when UT faced Alabama in the SEC Tournament (3/15/13), scoring a team-high 16 points, grabbing five rebounds, dishing out three assists and adding a pair of steals.
- His well-rounded effort in the Missouri win (3/9/13) included 11 points, seven rebounds and a team-high three steals.
- Recorded nine points, three rebounds, three assists, two steals and also drew a charge in the road win at Auburn (3/6/13).
- Scored seven points and added four rebounds, three assists, one block and one steal as Tennessee upset No. 8 Florida in Knoxville (2/26/13).
- Stuffed the stat sheet in UT's win at South Carolina (2/10/13), totaling seven points, five rebounds, a career-high five assists, two steals and a block.
- Totaled 11 points, five rebounds, two assists and a block at Arkansas (2/2/13).
- Established a new career-high for rebounds by pulling down 10 in Tennessee's home win over Vanderbilt (1/29/13).
- Had 16 points on 6-of-9 shooting in the win over Mississippi State (1/19/13).
- Posted career-highs for points (20) and rebounds (9) in a great 34-minute effort vs. Memphis (1/4/13).
- Led the Vols with 12 points vs. Xavier (12/29/12) and also had seven rebounds.
- Scored 12 points in the win over Western Carolina (12/21/12).
- Was one rebound shy of his first career double-double when he totaled 11 points, nine boards, two assists and two steals in the win over UMass in Puerto Rico Tip-Off third-place game (11/18/12).
- Started and had eight points and five rebounds in the season-opening win over Kennesaw State (11/9/12).
- Participated in an exhibition basketball tour of Poland and Germany with Athletes in Action in June.
- The team, made up of players from various Division I schools, went 6-0 during the trip.
2011-12 - FRESHMAN
- One of the team's best perimeter defenders, he appeared in all 34 games with nine starts.
- Averaged 2.9 points and 1.4 assists in 16.0 minutes per game.
- Had 19 blocks and 18 steals, and he scored at least five points in 11 different games.
- Tied for second on the team with 66 deflections.
- Started nine straight game in January and February.
- Scored 10 points and set career-highs for field goals made (5) and attempted (9) in UT's NIT opener vs. Savannah State (3/13/12).
- Scored six points in Tennessee's upset win at No. 8 Florida (2/11/12).
- Finished with seven points and three rebounds in UT's home victory over South Carolina (2/8/12).
- Made his first career start when Tennessee hosted 13th-ranked Florida (1/7/12) and totaled seven points, two rebounds, one assist, one block and one steal in the upset win.
- Played 31 minutes off the bench in the double-overtime loss to No. 8 Memphis at the Maui Invitational (11/22/11) and finished with eight points, a block and a pair of steals.
- Totaled 11 points, two rebounds, two assists and two steals in the win over ULM (11/16/11).
- Graduated from Santa Fe High School in Edmond, Okla., where he was coached by Shawn Schenk.
- As a senior in 2011, Richardson was named to The Oklahoman's Super 5 first team, and he also landed on the Oklahoma Coaches Association "Large West" All-State Team.
- Averaged 16.5 points, 6.2 rebounds and 3.6 assists as a senior after moving from the wing to be the team's primary point guard.
- Richardson, who chose UT over Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, Penn State and TCU, played AAU ball for the Alabama Celtics and Athletes First programs.
- Born Sept. 15, 1993, in Edmond, Okla.
- Full name is Joshua Micheal Richardson
- Academic major: Kinesiology
- Parents are Micheal and Alice Richardson
- Micheal is a retired Oklahoma City firefighter, and Alice is a retired lieutenant colonel with the U.S. Air Force reserves and an active ordained baptist minister
- Josh plays classical piano.