3Robert Hubbs III
- Points: 28 // vs. Chaminade, 11/23/16*
- Rebounds: 9 // vs. Florida, 1/6/16
- Assists: 5 // vs. Texas A&M, 1/9/16
- Steals: 4 // vs. Chaminade, 11/23/16*
- Blocks: 2 // vs. NC State, 12/18/13
- Field Goals: 10 // vs. Chaminade, 11/23/16*
- 3-Pointers: 3 (3x) // last vs. UNC Asheville, 11/13/15
- Free Throws: 8 // vs. South Carolina, 1/23/16
- Minutes: 36 (4x) // last vs. Oregon, 11/22/16
* Indicates most recent high
2016-17 - SENIOR
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Averaged 15.3 points and 5.0 rebounds per game at the Maui Invitational against No. 16 Wisconsin, No. 13 Oregon and tournament host Chaminade.
- Monster performance in the Maui Invitational finale vs. Chaminade (11/23/16): 28 points on 10-of-19 shooting, five rebounds, four steals.
- Started at the four against Appalachian State (11/15/16), scoring a team-high 14 points on an efficient 6-of-8 shooting.
- Totaled 11 points, seven rebounds and two assists in UT's opener vs. Chattanooga (11/11/16).
2015-16 - JUNIOR
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Tennessee's third-leading scorer during the 2015-16 season, averaging 10.6 ppg over 30 games and 16 starts.
- Missed four games due to injury in 2015-16.
- Appeared in 16 SEC games, with nine starts, and averaged 9.4 ppg and 4.2 rpg against league opposition.
- Scored in double figures 18 times and led the team in slam dunks with 20 on the season.
- Put up 12.0 ppg during three games at the SEC Tournament, shooting a team-best 65.2 percent (15-of-23) from the field during those games.
- Dropped a team-high 19 points against LSU (3/11/16) for the second time this season as he went 8-of-11 from the field against the Tigers in the SEC Tournament quarterfinal.
- Finished with 10 points on 4-of-8 shooting to help the Vols upset fifth-seeded Vanderbilt (3/10) in the second round of the SEC Tournament (3/10/16).
- Played a season-best 36 minutes and led the team with 19 points in Tennessee's 81-65 win over LSU on Feb. 20 (2/20/16).
- Responded to a two-point performance in a loss at Arkansas (2/6/16) by dropping a career-high 20 points off the bench in the win over Auburn (2/9).
- Went 8-for-8 at the foul line en route to 12 points and a team-high eight rebounds in Tennessee's win over No. 24 South Carolina (1/23/16).
- Finished with 14 points on 6-of-8 shooting at Mississippi State (1/16/16), helping the Vols to their first road win of the season.
- Posted a career-best five assists to go along with 10 points against No. 21 Texas A&M (1/9/16).
- Made his return to the starting lineup vs. Florida (1/6/16), finishing with 12 points and a career-high nine rebounds.
- Looked more like his pre-surgery self at Auburn (1/2/16), finishing with 13 points on 6-of-10 shooting with five rebounds.
- Underwent an arthroscopic procedure on his right knee Dec. 1, 2015, to address chronic swelling issues that had been present since the preseason (missed two games, returned to action on Dec. 19 vs. Gonzaga)
- Opened the season with seven straight games in double figures.
- Thirteen second-half points highlighted his 17-point, six-rebound, four-assist effort vs. Gardner-Webb (11/22/15).
- Was a perfect 5-for-5 from the free-throw line (7-for-14 overall) on his way to 19 points in UT's win over Marshall (11/19/15).
- Recorded 13 points, five rebounds and three assists at Georgia Tech (11/16/15).
- Started Tennessee's season-opener vs. UNC Asheville (11/13/15) and scored a then-career-high 18 points on 8-of-12 shooting in the win.
2014-15 - SOPHOMORE
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Appeared in all 32 games and made 20 starts on the wing.
- Averaged 7.2 points (fourth on the team) and 2.9 rebounds while shooting .409 from the field and .333 from 3-point range.
- In SEC play, he started 16 of 18 games and increased his scoring output to 8.4 points (he averaged 4.6 points in UT's 12 non-conference games).
- Shot .889 from the free-throw line (16 of 18) during SEC play (shot .538 during non-conference play).
- Scored in double figures seven times this season--all during SEC play.
- Was one of three Vols to finish the season with a positive assist/turnover ratio (1.08).
- Tied his career-high with 16 points in Tennessee's second-round SEC Tournament win over Vanderbilt in Nashville (3/12/1/5).
- Shared team-high scoring honors by totaling 14 points in UT's home finale vs. South Carolina (3/7/14).
- Was a perfect 2-for-2 from 3-point range and totaled 12 points in the win at LSU (3/4/15).
- Made a game-saving play at the end of regulation at Vanderbilt (2/11/15), driving the length of the court and laying in the game-tying basket at the buzzer to force overtime; Tennessee ended up winning the game, 76-73, as Hubbs finished with nine points and seven rebounds.
- Contributed 15 points and six rebounds when the Vols played at Georgia (2/7/15).
- Totaled 15 points, four rebounds and also added a steal during a strong, 31-minute performance at Arkansas (1/27/15).
- Had 12 points and four rebounds against Texas A&M (1/24/15).
- Pulled down a career-high eight rebounds and also scored six points in the win at Missouri (1/17/15).
- Scored a career-high 16 points on 6-of-7 shooting in the win over 19th-ranked Arkansas (1/13/15).
- In addition to scoring 11 points during the win over Tennessee State (12/27/14), he also had five rebounds and three assists.
- Had nine points in UT's victory over Mercer (12/22/14) to go along with two rebounds, two steals and an assist.
- Tallied six points in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge win over Kansas State (12/6/14).
- Scored eight points against Marquette at the Orlando Classic (11/30/14).
- Made his first career start at the Veterans Classic vs. 15th-ranked VCU (11/14/14) and totaled four points in 19 minutes on the wing.
2013-14 - FRESHMAN
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Had season-ending surgery on his left shoulder Jan. 14 to address an injury dating to his senior year in high school.
- True freshman wing appeared in 12 contests for the Vols, averaging 5.0 points and 1.5 rebounds in 18.3 minutes off the bench.
- Scored at least three points in each of the final seven games in which he appeared.
- Was the first Vol off the bench five times.
- Had seven points, two rebounds and a block as UT routed Wake Forest at the Battle 4 Atlantis (11/30/13).
- His first career double-digit scoring effort was a 13-point performance vs. The Citadel (11/18/13).
- Scored his first points as a Vol in the home-opener against USC Upstate (11/16/13); he made a pair of 3-pointers off the bench in the win.
- Made his college debut in the season-opener at Xavier (11/12/13), playing 12 minutes and grabbing one rebound.
- Graduated from Dyer County High School in Newbern, Tenn., where he was coached by Derek McCord.
- Was rated by Rivals.com as the nation's No. 23 overall prospect and the No. 5 shooting guard in the country.
- 247Sports.com rated Hubbs as the nation's 20th-best overall prospect as well as tabbing him as the country's No. 4 shooting guard and the top overall prospect in the state of Tennessee.
- Played in the prestigious Kentucky Derby Festival Basketball Classic at Freedom Hall on April 19, 2013.
- As a senior, he led Dyer County a 31-4 overall record and a berth in the Tennessee Class AAA state championship game, where the Choctaws fell to Memphis Southwind.
- Averaged 25 points, seven rebounds and two assists as a senior and was named to the 2013 TSWA Class AAA All-State Team.
- Earned All-Tournament Team honors and also received the tournament MVP Award after leading DCHS to the Region 7AAA championship as a senior.
- Was a 2013 Tennessee Class AAA Mr. Basketball finalist.
- In the eighth game of his senior season, Hubbs became Dyer County's all-time leading scorer; he finished his prep career with 2,464 points (DCHS went 118-13 during his four seasons).
- In June 2012, Hubbs was one of 32 elite prep standouts invited to the USA Basketball U17 National Team trials in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Was named a preseason second-team All-State selection by ESPNHS entering his junior campaign.
- Was a 2013 McDonald's All-American nominee.
- Played AAU ball for the M33M program, which is coached by Ernie Kuyper.
- In April 2012, Hubbs led the M33M Elite squad to the championship at the prestigious "Real Deal in the Rock" AAU event in Little Rock, Ark.
- Also starred during the spring and summer of 2012 at marquee events such as the Big Strick Classic in Manhattan, N.Y., the Jack Jones Shootout in Memphis, the Reebok Breakout Challenge in Philadelphia, the Best Buy Classic in Minneapolis, Minn., and the Fab 48 in Las Vegas.
- Full name is Robert Lee Hubbs III
- Academic major: Communication Studies
- Born Aug. 19, 1995, in Union City, Tenn.
- Parents are Robert Jr. and Lesia Hubbs
- Recipient of the Bertelkamp Basketball Scholarship Endowment Fund