2013-14 - FRESHMAN
- Game-By-Game Statistics
- Had season-ending surgery on his left shoulder Jan. 14 to address an injury dating to his senior year in high school.
- True freshman wing appeared in 12 contests for the Vols, averaging 5.0 points and 1.5 rebounds in 18.3 minutes off the bench.
- Scored at least three points in each of the final seven games in which he appeared.
- Was the first Vol off the bench five times.
- Had seven points, two rebounds and a block as UT routed Wake Forest at the Battle 4 Atlantis (11/30/13).
- His first career double-digit scoring effort was a 13-point performance vs. The Citadel (11/18/13).
- Scored his first points as a Vol in the home-opener against USC Upstate (11/16/13); he made a pair of 3-pointers off the bench in the win.
- Made his college debut in the season-opener at Xavier (11/12/13), playing 12 minutes and grabbing one rebound.
- Graduated from Dyer County High School in Newbern, Tenn., where he was coached by Derek McCord.
- Was rated by Rivals.com as the nation's No. 23 overall prospect and the No. 5 shooting guard in the country.
- 247Sports.com rated Hubbs as the nation's 20th-best overall prospect as well as tabbing him as the country's No. 4 shooting guard and the top overall prospect in the state of Tennessee.
- Played in the prestigious Kentucky Derby Festival Basketball Classic at Freedom Hall on April 19, 2013.
- As a senior, he led Dyer County a 31-4 overall record and a berth in the Tennessee Class AAA state championship game, where the Choctaws fell to Memphis Southwind.
- Averaged 25 points, seven rebounds and two assists as a senior and was named to the 2013 TSWA Class AAA All-State Team.
- Earned All-Tournament Team honors and also received the tournament MVP Award after leading DCHS to the Region 7AAA championship as a senior.
- Was a 2013 Tennessee Class AAA Mr. Basketball finalist, along with fellow UT signee Darius Thompson of Murfreesboro Blackman.
- In the eighth game of his senior season, Hubbs became Dyer County's all-time leading scorer; he finished his prep career with 2,464 points (DCHS went 118-13 during his four seasons).
- In June 2012, Hubbs was one of 32 elite prep standouts invited to the USA Basketball U17 National Team trials in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Was named a preseason second-team All-State selection by ESPNHS entering his junior campaign.
- Was a 2013 McDonald's All-American nominee.
- Played AAU ball for the M33M program, which is coached by Ernie Kuyper.
- In April 2012, Hubbs led the M33M Elite squad to the championship at the prestigious "Real Deal in the Rock" AAU event in Little Rock, Ark.
- Also starred during the spring and summer of 2012 at marquee events such as the Big Strick Classic in Manhattan, N.Y., the Jack Jones Shootout in Memphis, the Reebok Breakout Challenge in Philadelphia, the Best Buy Classic in Minneapolis, Minn., and the Fab 48 in Las Vegas.
- Recipient of the JoNelda & Sidney Blalock Athletic Scholarship Endowment
- Full name is Robert Lee Hubbs III
- Academic major: Arts & Sciences
- Born Aug. 19, 1995, in Union City, Tenn.
- Chose UT over Auburn, Duke, Kentucky and Vanderbilt.
- Parents are Robert Jr. and Lesia Hubbs
- Is Cuonzo Martin's second five-star signee at Tennessee, joining 2011 signee Jarnell Stokes of Memphis, Tenn.